Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

tape player warm inside

PA93
10-20-2005, 02:13 PM
Is that normal that there is quite warm in the cassete socket of the tape player?My a/c was enabled and cold air has blown thru dash vents.What do you think?

HotZ28
10-20-2005, 05:55 PM
Insert a piece of bread in the slot where the tape goes and let it set for two minutes, then hit eject. If the bread toasted, it is getting too hot!! If not, don't worry about it. :lol2:

Seriously, they do get warm when the radio is on, however it should not be hot to the touch. :angryfire

rotaran
10-21-2005, 04:54 AM
Insert a piece of bread in the slot where the tape goes and let it set for two minutes, then hit eject. If the bread toasted, it is getting too hot!! If not, don't worry about it. :lol2:

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Mike

spelljunkie72
10-30-2005, 11:44 PM
I know what you mean about the tape player getting hot. We sometimes take audiobooks with on long trips and the tape player gets so hot it wont play (switches from side to side); the cassette itself is so hot I can't believe the inside tape doesn't melt. It really sucks when it happens with the audiobooks because it is usually at a good part and it can take HOURS to cool downn enough to play. Happens regardless of outside or cabin temp.

When it gets so hot, I usually eject the tape and stick something in the tape player to prop the cassette door open to let some of the hot air out; works as a temporary fix but soon heats up again unless it has the needed hours to cool off (and those hours have to be with the car turned off). I definately plan on replacing that stereo; its a shame that they put such crappy tape players in such nice cars. Its the type of thing you don't learn about until after you buy the car; guess that was what mattered to GM.

Add your comment to this topic!