Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

What's up with these dash boards?

toon-guy
10-20-2005, 01:12 AM
Nobody has mentioned this yet but I've had 2 of these vans and everyone I see for sale hsa the same problem -- the dash curls up like a weird upper lip birth defect!
Coming loose fromt he center and working its way into an ever widening grin.
Any fixes?

marik bathory
10-21-2005, 01:37 PM
i'd imagine that heat from the motor or just the huge sunlight exposure from the massive windsheild is causing the glue to soften and separate.

i haven't done it yet, but i am going to use roofer's cement and then pile bricks on it until it cures.

toon-guy
10-21-2005, 01:46 PM
LOL - "Bricks!" That's exactly what I'm doing!

nicke66
10-21-2005, 01:48 PM
Nobody has mentioned this yet but I've had 2 of these vans and everyone I see for sale hsa the same problem -- the dash curls up like a weird upper lip birth defect!
Coming loose fromt he center and working its way into an ever widening grin.
Any fixes?

A month ago, I fixed my dashboard. I did take the dashboard out of the car, and used glue to fix the "lip" to the dashboard. Works so far. I did use regular contact glue.

timguyli
10-21-2005, 04:58 PM
ok.. this is an easy fix. buy the 2 part repair glue from any parts store. Take the dash out, yes its easy! pop the outher vents off and you will see to small screws, take the wiper and headlight pods off, and look for more screws. Look above the guages and theres maybe 2 more screws. Honestly, this took maybe all of 10 mins.Pop the dash pad off, glue it back down and put books on it until it sets. Good as new!

Add your comment to this topic!