Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

O2 sensors? Which Brand?

Ramblin Fever
10-18-2005, 06:55 PM
Spoke too soon a few weeks back, hoorayin' that I hadn't had to replace the O2's yet.

Well guess WHAT?! :crying: :crying:

Went to Autozone, as "Check Engine" light came on steady - not flashing. Said it was a sensor, but wasn't sure which one. He carried the BOSCH brand and showed me exactly where they connect/disconnect.

Looks simple enough to definitely do myself. Question is we could only find 3, thought I had 4??

Another question, I don't have the funds right now - other then gas mileage is there a problem with holding out for a month or so??

rodeo02
10-18-2005, 07:05 PM
.....other then gas mileage is there a problem with holding out for a month or so??

Depends on what oxygen sensor related code you are getting, and which sensor it is. I went months w/out a proper functioning post-catalytic converter sensor on my 2002 3.2L. If it's a pre-cat sensor, I would change it ASAP as they take part in fuel trim management and will kill performance, fuel economy and your catalytic converter. IIRC the 1996+ 3.2's have 4 sensors with auto trans, 3 with manual trans. A bosch should not cost you more than $30-50. Walker is another good aftermarket sensor. Try www.oxygensensors.com. A real good mail order place.

G/luck
Joel

Ramblin Fever
10-18-2005, 07:32 PM
Ok, other then performance, and the cat. will it harm the engine - long term?

I WILL get these taken care of in the next 2 weeks - I just don't have the funds this week.

Should I park her or driving her ok?

Ramblin Fever
10-19-2005, 12:32 AM
ok, well I just got done ordering 3 of the Walker brand - that's all I can do for now.

Add your comment to this topic!