Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2003 lasabre tranny problem

Achirigotis1
10-18-2005, 01:39 PM
I have a 2003 lasabre, 32,000 miles,and the warranty just went off. The transmission is starting to slip when shifting only from first to second, when tranny is cold. After it gets hot, slipping is less. Never changed the filter or fluid. Any sugestions?

maxwedge
10-18-2005, 04:19 PM
Slippage can be detected by a thorough scan with a trans capable scanner, sometimes a code will set but at minimum slippage errors or percentage will be noted.

Achirigotis1
10-18-2005, 05:58 PM
Slippage can be detected by a thorough scan with a trans capable scanner, sometimes a code will set but at minimum slippage errors or percentage will be noted.

Thanks.
I called my local Buick dealer, and they want $65-75 per hour to just check it. Then whatever the cost would be to repair.
Is there some one else I can go to for the scan?

maxwedge
10-18-2005, 06:23 PM
Unless you are under warranty, any good trans shop has this type scanner. Forget a non trans capable type scanner such as Autozone, or other ones that are not specially equipped with trans cartridges and trouble shooters.

imidazol97
10-18-2005, 07:00 PM
Thanks.
I called my local Buick dealer, and they want $65-75 per hour to just check it. Then whatever the cost would be to repair.
Is there some one else I can go to for the scan?

I would ask the dealer if Buick will help since the mileage is so low despite its being out of the time warranty -- if there is a problem. I would tend to stick with the dealer unless they've been real nasty. And call Buick at 1800---- in your owners manual AFTER the dealer checks to find out what the problem is.

I would be real surprised if they or someone else doesn't already know what happens that is causing this. You might try checking with another dealer if you feel uncomfortable with the one you're at.

93buicklesabrelmtd
10-18-2005, 10:18 PM
I have a 2003 lasabre, 32,000 miles,and the warranty just went off. The transmission is starting to slip when shifting only from first to second, when tranny is cold. After it gets hot, slipping is less. Never changed the filter or fluid. Any sugestions?

Did u check your fluid levels? Could be a little low.
Unless trans is in limp mode.

Add your comment to this topic!