Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Mr. Model 21 inch Wheels

Jekill
10-17-2005, 04:02 PM
Hi to all,

I accidentally discovered this brazilian wheels (and not only) producer:

Mr. Model Precision Model Parts (http://mrmodel.com.br/catalog/index.php?cPath=35)

Roberto

flyonthewall
10-17-2005, 04:25 PM
I'd heard of this company before but not found any info on them. Those rims look very interesting and nicely packaged. Their other items look like quality stuff too.

alakai
10-17-2005, 09:27 PM
Wow those wheels (and everything else) look really nice. Has anyone had any experience with this product?
At first I thought the wheels might be a bit too large for most applications, until I saw them on the Boss 429 in the gallery.

http://www.mrmodel.com.br/catalog/images/galeria/mustang_md/001.jpg
My compliments to the builder. Simply amazing !

Organic Zero
10-17-2005, 10:06 PM
i had bought some stuff from they, excellent material specially because most of the stuff they produce are in auminium instead of resin... the delivery was also fast too

7th_skyline
10-17-2005, 11:05 PM
Have a look at their distributor + cable kit - awesome! has plates for the top of the dizzy in 4, 6 and 8 cylinder configurations, as well as plug lead guides to suit!
I think I will be ordering one, my Fujimi L-motor in the hakosuka project needs wiring up...

ZoomZoomMX-5
10-18-2005, 08:44 AM
Be forewarned that while these wheels have some cool designs, they seem to be rendered with photoetched centers. They look great in 2D but rather inaccurate in 3D. The centers of photoetch rims always look far to thin to me, even when they give you a few layers, unless they're wire spoke rims w/machined centers that actually give you a 3D effect from the layering of the spokes.

Perhaps if you really like a design, order one set before going nuts and ordering a ton of these rims. You may or may not like the appearance of photoetch rim centers which really don't look very accurate to my eyes.

Add your comment to this topic!