Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Finished pics. Shebly Series 1

dgdarien
05-21-2002, 01:08 AM
okay guys, this is the first model i've done since learning all kinds of tips and tricks from this forum. this is also the first model i ever spray painted or primed. you should've seen the model i did before this one, with brush painted body and everything, ehehe. so what do you guys think, not too bad for a newbie?

Revell Shelby Series 1

http://kpoplove.digitalrice.com/model1.jpg

http://kpoplove.digitalrice.com/model2.jpg

http://kpoplove.digitalrice.com/model3.jpg

http://kpoplove.digitalrice.com/model5.jpg

I can't say i liked the testors primer that much, it didn't seem to spray on that smooth. so i'm going to try some tamiya pimer next time.

I just haven't attached the side mirrors yet. but it was interesting to build. it had many engine and suspension pieces. so i was surprised to find that when i bought my next model, a Fujimi Civic Type R, it seems so simple, there's not alot of pieces to it. so i want to get a tamiya model sometime in the near future, heard good things about them.

MX100
05-21-2002, 01:39 AM
wow it's pretty good man..
and yes get Tamiya kits they r way better.
I just started on my Fujimi Hks Kansai Altezza last nite..work on it for around 6 hours and i am basically done..just need to spray the body and glue window head light and stuff..
so simple..
gj on ur kit looks cool

Jonno
05-21-2002, 02:13 AM
Great job!

so i want to get a tamiya model sometime in the near future, heard good things about them.

Well when you get that, dont be surprised if that doesnt have an engine either, some do, most don't. Besides missing an engine, Tamiya models are better quality that Revell and A LOT better than AMT.

primera man
05-21-2002, 08:59 AM
Good job for your first model
Good luck with building some more :D

Ranger_X
05-21-2002, 09:43 AM
Good Job!
That's a revell kit isn't it?
I built that kit as my fourth model, but I did silver and the twin blue racing stripes with a black int. I like your interior better though!

BTW, I like AMT and Revell kits. They turn out awesome if you work really careful on them and weed out the imperfections that come with the kit. My lightning is looking damn good so far..... many many hours of work though.

Midnight Racer
05-21-2002, 10:15 AM
Wow great job.

Kosmonaut
05-21-2002, 11:19 AM
lol i have one of these lyring around in my closer
yours looks nice... i think i may now want to build mine up

Wishmaster
05-21-2002, 11:19 AM
Nice car, and great job, only i think that the pics are a bit blurry here and there. But it still looks awesome, keep it up

Jonno
05-21-2002, 08:58 PM
BTW, I like AMT and Revell kits. They turn out awesome if you work really careful on them and weed out the imperfections that come with the kit. My lightning is looking damn good so far..... many many hours of work though.

www.adamsonreplicas.net If you read some of these buildups (in the gallery) about AMT kits, He has a completly different aspect of AMT kits.
But ive got nothing against AMT or Revell kits, I just think they should put a bit more care into thier molds, afterall, we pay for their kits, and expect quality kits. Removing flash isn't my idea of modeling.
Anyway, Im sorry that ive gone off topic and wont do it again.

Ranger_X
05-22-2002, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by thug_9_6

www.adamsonreplicas.net If you read some of these buildups (in the gallery) about AMT kits, He has a completly different aspect of AMT kits.
But ive got nothing against AMT or Revell kits, I just think they should put a bit more care into thier molds, afterall, we pay for their kits, and expect quality kits. Removing flash isn't my idea of modeling.
Anyway, Im sorry that ive gone off topic and wont do it again.

Oh totally agreed, they aren't near the quality of products from tamiya (especially AMT) example: all my AMT truck models have the bed sloping downward at the back. On any truck, you either want it level or sport raked (slightly higher in the back to make it look like a work or drag truck) so all i do is just bend up the chassis a little where the cab meets the box, or for more serious cases, make a custom mount for the box onto the chassis. Like I said before, you just gotta have an eye for the crap and fix it yourself. On some of my older models, there are horrible warped body lines that came straight outta the box, so i just shave it all down and load the primer on and it looks great, lots of frustration though!
Oh, BTW, how much do your AMT & Revell kits cost down under there? Here, they are almost always 1/2 as much as fujimi or tamiya kits, so they're great for people with multiple expensive hobbies, and I don't feel so inhibited when hacking up body and suspension parts.
One thing I love about the AMT/Revell kits though are the engine bays. The engine bay of my revell super stallion kit is simply the nicest I've ever seen in a model. Here's a pic that doesn't do it justice at all: (the car is currently undergoing major exterior refurbushing as I got this before the days of the airbrush) http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/wwarnock1/vwp?.dir=/Models&.src=ph&.dnm=F1030006.jpg&.view=t&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/bc/wwarnock1/lst%3f%26.dir=/Models%26.src=ph%26.view=t the bays are almost always very detailed, and are great for something that costs half as much as some kits that don't even let you look under the hood! (now what's the point of one of those)

The guy on that site bashed AMT pretty good! :hehehe: He's picky about a lot of things I wouldn't be, like who cares if a kit doesn't come with a good vehicle description, I'll almost always buy models of cars I already know lots about anyways, so I almost never read the description. He brings up a lot of good points on where AMT and Revell fall way short, such as plastic composite, fitting, instructions, tires and wheels (this is the one thing that pisses me off about them) I could see how this would piss someone off, but I like the challenges of overcoming them. I feel much better with a final product when I know I made it look a lot better than it would be if I just followed the instructions, for only 15 bucks and a lot of hard work. The customizing of these kits is addictive!!!! LOTS of room for personal touch. This is what makes them more fun for me.

Jonno
05-22-2002, 01:57 AM
kits that don't even let you look under the hood! (now what's the point of one of those)

I guess some people dont like having to paint so many different pieces.

Oh, BTW, how much do your AMT & Revell kits cost down under there?

Down under there? you make it sound like im sitting under the table
:D
But AMT= $18
Revell=$25
Japanese= $40 (but I just picked up a Tamiya 1993 Mustang GT Convertible for $10)
And I remeber there being one Revell Germany kit for $30 but that was only once.

Ranger_X
05-22-2002, 02:45 AM
Down under there? you make it sound like im sitting under the table LOL, an example of how writing our words down sacrifices our ability to percieve meanings though lack of voice frequency and volume.
How off topic is this? :hehehe:

Jonno
05-22-2002, 03:08 AM
How off topic is this?

What do you mean "off topic"? :bloated:

an example of how writing our words down sacrifices our ability to percieve meanings though lack of voice frequency and volume.

Yep it sure does :D

Jonno
05-22-2002, 03:16 AM
He brings up a lot of good points on where AMT and Revell fall way short, such as plastic composite, fitting, instructions, tires and wheels (this is the one thing that pisses me off about them) I could see how this would piss someone off.

I totally agree with you on that one, and the owner of that site has a lot of AMT kits (just look in the gallery) and in some of his descriptions he has said that he has millions of AMT kits (I feel sorry for him, and he hates AMT kits, well he likes to give credit where it is needed so he doesnt hate all of them, just some)
I think we should continue this conversation through the Private message feature (We really are disturbing the topic)
Sorry dgdarien.

dgdarien
05-22-2002, 03:28 AM
hahah no problem, chat all you want.

i'm just glad some people liked my first project. :D

Jonno
05-22-2002, 06:16 AM
i'm just glad some people liked my first project.

Liked it? when i next go to the model shop I might buy that kit. I saw that a while back in the hoobby shop but wasnt sure what it would look like, but you have psted good reference pictures.

Add your comment to this topic!