Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

How can i replace the rear speakers on a 1991 Toyota Camry

hoodlegend
10-16-2005, 10:07 PM
Hi
I have a 1991 Toyota Camry and i tried a lot but cannot remove the rear speakers. i think i will have to remove the rear panels but i don't know how to. Can someone please help me.

JOET/CAMRY
10-16-2005, 10:27 PM
Hi
I have a 1991 Toyota Camry and i tried a lot but cannot remove the rear speakers. i think i will have to remove the rear panels but i don't know how to. Can someone please help me.
Hello hoodlegend,
the grills should just pop right off. use a screwdriver,putty knife or something similar and carefully pry up the speaker grills. the speakers are held in by some nuts/bolts. I have an 1989 camry which is the same generation camry as yours and removed my rear speakers awile back. :smile: Good luck.

Regards,
JOET/CAMRY

rwinberg
10-16-2005, 10:53 PM
Hello JOET,
I took the grills off using a putty knife. The speakers were shot. I haven't replaced them yet because I wanted to buy some aftermarket speakers and didn't know how to mount them onto the existing hardware.

I have a 1990 model. How did you do the replacement of yours?

Robw.

hoodlegend
10-17-2005, 01:35 AM
Hello hoodlegend,
the grills should just pop right off. use a screwdriver,putty knife or something similar and carefully pry up the speaker grills. the speakers are held in by some nuts/bolts. I have an 1989 camry which is the same generation camry as yours and removed my rear speakers awile back. :smile: Good luck.

Regards,
JOET/CAMRY
Hello JOET
Thank you for helping me. i will try that. i was just hoping if it be the same for a 1991 Toyota Camry Prominent, sorry i forgot to mention that before.

Thanks

petetomo
10-17-2005, 10:07 AM
I have a 1993 Camry which is a different generation but I'm sure my advice will help you too. Go to www.crutchfield.com. There you can search for speakers that fit your car and you also get any wiring or mounting kits for free. They also have reviews so you can see how other people liked the speakers you are buying. Lastly, they have vehicle-specific directions on how to install the new speakers.

I have been using Crutchfield for years now and have never been disappointed.

Hello JOET,
I took the grills off using a putty knife. The speakers were shot. I haven't replaced them yet because I wanted to buy some aftermarket speakers and didn't know how to mount them onto the existing hardware.

I have a 1990 model. How did you do the replacement of yours?

Robw.

Add your comment to this topic!