Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

rear brake/turn signals

Thumper99
10-16-2005, 04:36 PM
I have a 99 s-10 and the rear turn signals/brake lights aren't working. the cab brake light is ok. I have tried replacing the flasher, didn't fix the problem. I was wondering if someone could tell me where the fuse relay center is under the hood. Thanx
p.s. tried all fuses in dash, the're ok

ctesla
10-17-2005, 07:11 PM
Thumper,
Welcome to AF.
the fuse relay center should be labeled as a plastic cover, with a knurled screw-type knob in the center, near the battery, as the positive cable usually feeds into in on pretty much ALL manufacturers vehicles newer than '95/6 with the OBD II.
BUT!!!
this may not be the culprit if the front turn signals are still working; I mean it may, and whether it's a relay ($6-15 US Dollars) or one of those Maxi-Fuses ($3-5), then you are good to go.
if you have recently installed an aftermarket stereo, it may be a fuse is popping if the wiring is crossed.
OR-
if you have a trailer harness connector, and the wiring has been pinched or chaffed up under the bed near the spare tire.

hope this helps,
chris
nrt racing

Thumper99
10-17-2005, 07:52 PM
I have a 99 s-10 and the rear turn signals/brake lights aren't working. the cab brake light is ok. I have tried replacing the flasher, didn't fix the problem. I was wondering if someone could tell me where the fuse relay center is under the hood. Thanx
p.s. tried all fuses in dash, the're ok

Thanks for your help, I have recently (3-4 mos ago) installed subs, so would it be a fuse in the dash, or in the relay?

Thumper99
11-20-2005, 09:59 PM
Well, it turns out that no name bulbs aren't compatible with my truck. They must be GM bulbs. I really feel like an idiot now, but luckily the mechanic didn't charge me. :loser:

dmbrisket 51
11-20-2005, 10:52 PM
well only way to learn is to try, glad you found your problem and welcome to the board

Add your comment to this topic!