Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

dirtbike, proof of ownership.

mike5721947
10-15-2005, 09:56 PM
well im getting a pw50 dirtbike from a friend (its something to fool around with till i get a real dirtbike) plus the price was right.

she is the orginal owner but doesnt have the papers for it. im wondering if there is anything online i can print out to have her sign to transfer the bike into my posession.

BNaylor
10-15-2005, 11:42 PM
well im getting a pw50 dirtbike from a friend (its something to fool around with till i get a real dirtbike) plus the price was right.

she is the orginal owner but doesnt have the papers for it. im wondering if there is anything online i can print out to have her sign to transfer the bike into my posession.

Does she have the Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin to give you?

Just wordprocess a bill of sale from her to you. Be sure to put the make, model and vin number in. State the amount paid. Put a sentence in stating where she states that she is the original owner of the motorcycle and that there are no liens on it. And that she is transferring ownership to you. Both should sign and date it. Plus you could get it signed in front of a Notary Public just to be safe.

mike5721947
10-16-2005, 02:39 PM
humour me, who would be classified as a notory public?

BNaylor
10-16-2005, 03:46 PM
humour me, who would be classified as a notory public?

In the US we have notary publics that can witness documents, verify identity and signatures. They'll stamp the document with an official seal. They are authorized by the respective state. In some countries notaries are lawyers. Don't know much about Canada or your vehicle transfer/title system.

Add your comment to this topic!