Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

Just a thought

iVteC_PoWeR
10-15-2005, 06:19 PM
you guys know how its illegal to swap in an older motor in your car...well if you did that how would anyone find out that it is in fact an older motor?

CivicSpoon
10-15-2005, 06:44 PM
The year is stamped on the head. Engine code will be different. But especially with OBD2 car; you couldn't use an OBD1 ECU, (I'm not positive on this one) but don't they have your vin # info in the ECU?

iVteC_PoWeR
10-15-2005, 07:26 PM
OO where on the head is it stamped? i guess i dont pay attention enough and i figured out the engine code one but lets say you have a '91 teg and the motor blew and you threw in a '90 B18a1(without putting into account the year on the head)? I just got curious to see if people have done it and gotten away with it...

CivicSpoon
10-15-2005, 07:41 PM
It's stamped right in the center of the block, down more towards the manifold. Like this: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v473/CivicSpoon/engineyear.jpg

But I'm guessing it just depends on if the person doing the inspection actually looks close enough or not. Though the VIN # is also on the block, so it'd be a good idea to just swap them.

Add your comment to this topic!