How much you think it would cost to repaint my truck ?

JCL82
10-15-2005, 07:17 PM
I have a 2-tone color ,black and grey on the bottle.I was thinking I wanted all blue(sometype of blue) or all black.So how much you think they would charge ?

maxwedge
10-15-2005, 07:29 PM
Any paint or clear coat peeling ,any rust, x cab?

BlenderWizard
10-15-2005, 07:32 PM
the shop across the street from me would prolly charge ~$5,000, but their paint jobs are-factory quality. They don't tape anything off... if it doesn't get painted and it's in the way (i.e. windshields, trim, etc.) they take it off.

TexasF355F1
10-16-2005, 09:26 PM
the shop across the street from me would prolly charge ~$5,000, but their paint jobs are-factory quality. They don't tape anything off... if it doesn't get painted and it's in the way (i.e. windshields, trim, etc.) they take it off.
I agree. You're not going to get a quality paintjob for less than $5K unless you know someone.

BlenderWizard
10-16-2005, 10:29 PM
I agree. You're not going to get a quality paintjob for less than $5K unless you know someone.

Well, I sorta pulled $5k out of my ass... I based that on the fact that they quoted me $4K for the honda i used to have

TexasF355F1
10-16-2005, 11:01 PM
Well, I sorta pulled $5k out of my ass... I based that on the fact that they quoted me $4K for the honda i used to have
I figured, and so did I. But I honestly think to do an entire truck properly with a quality finish is going to cost big bucks. This includes removing doors and bed.

Moose is loose
10-16-2005, 11:11 PM
Earl Schieb....$149.99

Just kidding! The majority of the cost is the prep. MAKE SURE IT IS PREPPED RIGHT! The best paint job in the world means nothing when it flakes, peels, rusts through, etc. Replace any panels, don't repair. Also use a good paint. Top of the line Dupont, Sikkens, House of Kolor, are all excellent choices. Pay the extra $$, if it's done right, it will last 20-30 years easy.

Rollingbones
10-17-2005, 12:24 AM
Would you believe that in 1965, Earl Scheib would "paint any car any color for only $29.95". I had a friend in high school in '72 get an E.S. paint job (I think it was $69.95 by that time)... and it couldn't have looked worse than if it was done with Krylon out of a can. Just do some shoppng around and check with the Better Business Bereau if there's any complaints against anyone you might want to select. You might try some auto body repair shops as well. I do know if you go with a two tone, it'll cost a bucket load more!!! Good luck!!!

BlenderWizard
10-17-2005, 07:20 AM
Go to Maaco or some other cheapie place and they never quite match the color, either. The place across the street from me uses sikkens

TexasF355F1
10-17-2005, 10:05 AM
Go to Maaco or some other cheapie place and they never quite match the color, either. The place across the street from me uses sikkens
Not only that, but they also have terrible terrible runs in their paint jobs.

BlenderWizard
10-17-2005, 12:21 PM
Would you believe that in 1965, Earl Scheib would "paint any car any color for only $29.95". I had a friend in high school in '72 get an E.S. paint job (I think it was $69.95 by that time)... and it couldn't have looked worse than if it was done with Krylon out of a can. Just do some shoppng around and check with the Better Business Bereau if there's any complaints against anyone you might want to select. You might try some auto body repair shops as well. I do know if you go with a two tone, it'll cost a bucket load more!!! Good luck!!!

I have actualy thought about having the two tone on mine buffed out. The metallic silver birch is on top of my red. But, I'm not gonna do it; it would probably never look right

BlenderWizard
10-17-2005, 12:25 PM
Earl Schieb....$149.99

Just kidding! The majority of the cost is the prep. MAKE SURE IT IS PREPPED RIGHT! The best paint job in the world means nothing when it flakes, peels, rusts through, etc. Replace any panels, don't repair. Also use a good paint. Top of the line Dupont, Sikkens, House of Kolor, are all excellent choices. Pay the extra $$, if it's done right, it will last 20-30 years easy.

Hehe, in the German language, Schei▀, means "shit." The "▀" is actually pronounced and can be written as "ss," but it sure looks like a "B." I guess the German meaning is applicable here.

Moose is loose
10-17-2005, 10:49 PM
Hehe, in the German language, Schei▀, means "shit." The "▀" is actually pronounced and can be written as "ss," but it sure looks like a "B." I guess the German meaning is applicable here.

You are correct! I lived in Germany from 2000-2004 and good old "Earl" is the butt of many jokes. I believe he passed many years ago, but that rep will live forever!

BTW, Sikkens is the shiznit! Best paint I have ever used.

BlenderWizard
10-17-2005, 11:33 PM
You are correct! I lived in Germany from 2000-2004 and good old "Earl" is the butt of many jokes. I believe he passed many years ago, but that rep will live forever!

BTW, Sikkens is the shiznit! Best paint I have ever used.

I took 5 years of German language in High School and College... never got to go to Germany, though. Sikkens seems pretty good... they did some body repairs to my wife's car when some asshat (can u tell I like that?) was pulling into the parking space next to where she was parked and hit her. We were acutally standing on the sidewalk of the building and watched the whole thing happen. Anyway, the body shop across from me used to use Sherwin Williams auto paint, but switched to sikkens about ~3 years ago.

Moose is loose
10-18-2005, 07:40 PM
It's what is "stock" on practically every European car made. The stuff shines forever.

JCL82
10-22-2005, 08:33 PM
wow 5000 ,I was thinking more like 1000-2000.But after reading what you guys are saying is i won't worry about it.I somewhat like the two tone color,i can tell why they put it there,because it's alot harder to see scratchs from rocks and stuff.But I Been looking at the new GMC trucks and silverado trucks they look like that cut down on the molding and have nice front end to it.I guess if I wanted to spend 5000 I should just trade this truck in and take a hit on something newer.

Add your comment to this topic!