Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

dirty dirty upholstery

rico_law78
07-31-2001, 08:15 AM
Hey!
my upholstery is all messed up
i'm talking about i need some industrial strength
cleaner to get rid of all the spots and stains!!!

what's the best kind?
thanks!

redvalkrie
08-01-2001, 11:25 AM
;) Torch the car!!!!!!!!!!! j/k lol

but seriously this is what I have done when I cleaned my parents car (2 nieces 2 & 1 year old) beleive me kids jack up your car badly.

I luckly had a steam cleaner with adapters for cars I got simple green the industrial strength you find at hardware stores but boiling water in the machine & added about 3/4 water 1/4 Simple green sprayed it on let it sit for about 5 minutes then came back & sucked it right up with the steam cleaner WOW it looked like new again my parents were so shocked they went & bought a steam cleaner to do the other cars instead of having to rent them.

Hope that give you something to think about.:bloated:

b-b00gie
08-01-2001, 11:36 AM
hrmm... i'll have to try that on the greasy fingerprint on my headliner. :)

rico_law78
08-01-2001, 11:51 AM
hey that sounds like a plan...
thanks!

edmole1
08-03-2001, 11:18 PM
I recently inherited a '91 G-20 that had been severely neglected. I cleaned the leather seats with Armor-All Multipurpose Cleaner and a scrub brush, then rinsed them off and applied spray leather treatment. They cleaned up extremely well. I used steam carpet cleaner solution with a scrub brush on the rugs. I had to wash and rinse the Infiniti mats three times to finally get them clean (the interior is light tan). I used carpet cleaner on the headliner, but that didn't work so well. Any suggestions there, faithful readers?

Add your comment to this topic!