Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

02 monte carlo radio removal

djn10suh
10-13-2005, 06:28 PM
i have an 02 mc with the factory head unit. I want to put my amp and subs from my other car into it but i got one problem....how do i remove the factory radio?! is there like a clip on the back side somewhere that i pull to remove the panel surrounding the radio? i want to replace it with a different unit...or not. Will the factory radio come with the RCA outputs that my amp will connect to?....I would greatly greatly greatly appreciate any help on this matter!....thanks for taking the time to read :)

yrntu
11-12-2005, 06:35 PM
When I went to a radio shop to replace my factory unit we had to mount the factory radio in the trunk. They even have a standard harness made and packaged ready to go for GM's only, that keeps the original unit in the system so it can run your diagnostics, airbags, lights, locks and alarm options. This cable goes from the dash to the trunk where your OEM unit is and then back to your new unit.

carguy101#2
11-12-2005, 08:28 PM
i have a 97 monte and the cd player is locked does anyone know how to get the code to unlock it

zipsayain
11-22-2005, 10:50 PM
You have two choices, either old radio in the trunk or a 4-channel converter lets you connect after-market amplifiers to a factory car receiver that doesn't have preamp outputs. Wal-mart has it for $19.00 and it's made by scosche. I had the radio guy do it.

But I think I'am going With a new deck, cause an after maket radio would be soo much better! alot better.

zipsayain
11-22-2005, 10:53 PM
[QUOTE=carguy101#2]i have a 97 monte and the cd player is locked does anyone know how to get the code to unlock it[/QUOTE

Goto a chevy dealship.

Add your comment to this topic!