Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Button Pressure

sarujin
05-19-2002, 10:02 PM
Hey i just got a PS2 on saturday, and I of course got GT3. I've just started playing the game, and its not too bad so far. The arcade mode is good, and i've just started Gran Turismo.

But my question is: I know the buttons are pressure sensitive, but why can't i hold my cars revs at a certain point. When i'm on the starting grid, i can either have no revs, redline it, or get it kind of hovering around something (it flickers about 3000).

So then when i floor it, i never get optimal accerleration. Even if i say hover it around 5000, when i start the revs just go up too redlining!!

so if you guys can give me any suggestions.

sarujin

Grendel
05-19-2002, 10:27 PM
I had that problem too... I just kinda put most of my thumb on the plastic next to the button and barely push the button down with the side of my thumb

hard to explain, but it works... kinda :D

-Grendel

sarujin
05-20-2002, 05:03 AM
Yeah I get what you are meaning, I think i may of tried this a few times. I just need to get this pressure right, so then i can start faster, and not understeer in the corners (maybe its just i'm driving a Daihatsu XX something).

I could also try putting the accelerator on the right joystick. So do any of you guys drive like this?

sarujin

Grendel
05-20-2002, 11:37 AM
I just use the normal controls... I think I tried using the right stick as the gas/brake in GT2, but it felt wierd or something.

-Grendel

Add your comment to this topic!