Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

00 BUICK CENTURY Wet Passenger Carpet????

mAdDhAtR
10-12-2005, 08:08 PM
I have to say from the looks this place looks like my savior, I'm hoping I'll be as lucky in finding my solution, as I see many others have.

I have a 2000 Buick Century when lately the passenger side is soaked if not sitting with water. No windows left open, and from it appears I pulled the carpet up, and all I can think is it is coming from the backside of the passenger side firewall. I do not know much about cars but I did find something I think that may be of some help in my problem. It's a GM service bulletin that calls for cleaning the evaporator case drain (#00-01-38-012). My problem is I have looked online for diagrams, but I have no idea where this is located and have tried looking under the hood, but honestly do not know what I'm looking for (no leaks from what I can see). Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

BNaylor
10-13-2005, 11:30 AM
If you look on the passenger side lower part of firewall (engine side)you'll see a hose which drains off the water from the evaporator. It connects to a drain channel in the lower blower/evaporator assembly. It will probably require disassembly from the inside for further inspection.

Another suggestion is to inspect the rubber gasket around the intake cowling (passenger side). Rain water could seep past it and the cabin air filter and drip down along the inside of the firewall.

public
10-14-2005, 08:57 AM
Another suggestion is to inspect the rubber gasket around the intake cowling (passenger side). Rain water could seep past it and the cabin air filter and drip down along the inside of the firewall.

This one is very common. It can become dislodged when changing th cabin filter. A little clear silicone will keep it in place and you won't have this issue any more. Good luck.

mAdDhAtR
10-19-2005, 05:55 PM
I had a friend look at it and, he reffered me to some leak guy, after I had looked and tried to find the leak, but no success. I was looking at the receipt the leak man left for me, and saw where he had scribbled something about the "passenger side cowling" just to confirm I suppose this is quite common. I appreciate all the help, and I guess at first rain I'll know if its truely fixed. Ohh and now the part of drying all the foam under the carpet....it retains water extremely well.

Add your comment to this topic!