Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1996 keypad

cntrchfrk
10-12-2005, 03:06 PM
how do i reset the keypad for my drivers side door entry? and how do i enter a new one

02n96exploder
10-19-2005, 08:26 AM
you cannot clear or replace the code that came from the factory. If you don't know it, open the jack compartment and look toward the drivers seat. On your left you will see a box with a white label on it. The 5 numbers on that label are the factory set code. Once you have that code you can (if I remember correctly) create a new code for yourself but again, the factory code will still be active.

I don't recall how to program a new code, should be in manual.

asemstr
10-19-2005, 11:03 PM
You need to enter the original code and within 5 seconds enter the new code.

BUDSWING
10-22-2005, 08:24 AM
You need to enter the original code and within 5 seconds enter the new code.

I just joined this board, looking for assistance for the keypad entry code. Bought the Explorer last night from a used car dealer. Your advise worked! The manual said where to find the code, but I couldn't find the electronic block they were refering to. It was a tough angle to read the code on the electronic block, but managed to barely read it. Thanks mucho!

titancst
10-29-2005, 08:18 PM
you cannot clear or replace the code that came from the factory. If you don't know it, open the jack compartment and look toward the drivers seat. On your left you will see a box with a white label on it. The 5 numbers on that label are the factory set code. Once you have that code you can (if I remember correctly) create a new code for yourself but again, the factory code will still be active.

I don't recall how to program a new code, should be in manual.

IT WORKED YOUR THE GREATEST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Add your comment to this topic!