Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1995 s-10 blazer, engine code W

^handle^
10-12-2005, 02:09 PM
I bought a 1995 chevy blazer and drove it 800 miles, it idled rough but I got it home. I parked it and now when I try to start it blows the fuse for the ignition and pcm, both are the same fuse. I cannot run a code reader because you have to turn key on and as soon as you do , it blows the fuse. I have spark, but do not hear the electric fuel pump. I have checked the whole harness for shorts and found none. I lifter the rug on the drivers side and checked the wiring there and everything looks good. I am at a lose for what keeps blowing this fuse. Any suggestions would be very welcome. thanks mike :banghead:

OverBoardProject
10-12-2005, 04:28 PM
I had a motorbike that did that, it turned out being the coil.

You'll have to do some more investigationg though, since it can be anything

herkyhawki
10-13-2005, 09:31 AM
First unplug the ECM connectors and install the fuse, if it blows, then it is likely a wiring short. If the short is in the ECM, you probably have to replace it anyway so you might try this really bad idea. I don't recommend you do it unless you are fully aware that it might just make your problem worse. So if you understand my disclaimer, are parked outside, and have a fire extingusher handy you may keep reading..
you could , for a short period of time, install a much higher-amperage fuse or find a way to jumper in a 50 amp circuit breaker and well, just watch for where the smoke or sparks come from. If it was a shorted wire, replace that wire. If you smoke the ECM, well you can see why it's not a great idea, unless you already think ECM is bad.

Add your comment to this topic!