Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

350 swap

97sscamaro
10-12-2005, 08:39 AM
i have a 92 s-10 blazer 4x4 with a 4.3L and the engine is about to go. i am interested in putting a 350 in and was woundering about if there were any kits that i could buy that would make my life easier or if i would just have to play it by ear... any other suggestions would be great

Sen Sen
10-12-2005, 04:04 PM
check out www.v8s10.org (http://www.v8s10.org/)
there is a conversion kit and alot of sites out there to search for more info.

s10blazerman4x4
10-12-2005, 09:47 PM
www.s10forum.com head over to v8 part
www.jagsthatrun.com for some parts
ebay search s10 v8
i have more just not on this computer since harddrive was reformatted
What motor do you have in there now?TBI Cpi If its TBI you can do what im doing go from TBI to TBI and you just have to swap computers spark control module and a couple other small things.The motor will stay in same spot as current 6 banger but you will need to put in a Taurus fan im gonna run dual Taurus fans.Also your 700r4 will work if you have the 4l60e that will bolt up to the 350 no problem.All accessories from 4.3 if its TBI will goto 5.7 like the serpentine setup the sensors etc.For the 4x4 you will need the pan if you can make it yourself you will need to weld i had mine welded by a fellow S10er doing the LS1.You can use swap headers or low performance exhaust manifolds im using some from a camaro on my 5.7

Rmbodie
10-13-2005, 04:43 AM
I like the thought of having a V-8 in a mini ,BUT are you really ready for that big can of worms and headaches for months to come because of it an then selling it for $500 bucks to get rid of the S**T. I had the TBI on my 89 4.3 . This engine is very buildable . I now have an Edelbrock performer package on it and its putting out over 200 horses and I still get 21 mpg . And the front suspension did not have to be modified . I have 31X10.50 AT tires that I turn over easily . Think about it long and hard . Overheating is a big issue . radiator space is too small . Your choice, Rob

s10blazerman4x4
10-13-2005, 11:23 AM
Well if you are going with the 350 you can still use the stock Gm rad that came with the truck and if that does not suit you can get the mounting brackets and run the corvette radiator.Many people have run with the 4.3 rad with no problems i am gonna take the approach of lets run with it and see what happens.If you are gonna V8 why would you want to sell it after wards?I know some people just have to much money so they do sell their projects and what not but i am one for not going to sell it.You can build up the v6 but with the 350tbi it starts out around 215 and goes from there but many others are well over 250 hp.

Add your comment to this topic!