Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Gallardo E-Gear Transmission

mercedes1
10-11-2005, 10:35 PM
Hello new freiends! I have heard many interesting things about the Lamborghni Gallardo e-gear transmission. Mostly that there is alot of understeer, and that it seems to be more difficult that the Ferrari 360 F1.
I keep hearing that the e-gear is obviously paddle technology. But e-gear is "semi-automatic"? What does that mean exactly, does that mean i can switch into an " automatic mode", and drive the car like a regular "automatic trasnmission" if i wanted to ???

TexasF355F1
10-11-2005, 11:13 PM
I'm not sure on Lambo's, but assuming since it's technology is very similar to that of Ferrari there would be an automatic mode. There is not clutch, it's a computer aided clutch. I'm not sure what you mean with the understeer and E-Gear, E-Gear has nothing to do with the steering.

mercedes1
10-12-2005, 02:58 PM
I'm not sure on Lambo's, but assuming since it's technology is very similar to that of Ferrari there would be an automatic mode. There is not clutch, it's a computer aided clutch. I'm not sure what you mean with the understeer and E-Gear, E-Gear has nothing to do with the steering.

Sorry, My comment was 2 things. I had heard that Gallardo have a tight understeer.
Thanks for trying to explain the "automatic mode".

Add your comment to this topic!