Getting a Syclone, You thoughts?

Superclone
10-11-2005, 10:24 PM
Hi All,

Like some of you Syclone owners. I was in college in 1991 when this Hot Rod truck came to market. I was poor and living on Ramen back then. Now that I can afford a used one, I'd like to hear "Current Owner" thoughts:

Lots of moving parts on this machine, AWD, Turbo Charged....

Is the GMC Syclone a vehicle that you can drive eveyday as normal transportation? (Day to Day local, not 600 mile road trips.)

Is the Syclone a maintenance intensive vehicle?

The Syclone was built to prove that GMC had the techno wheels to lead truck design, too bad the program began in 1991 and ended in 1993 with the Typhoon.

Thanks All, SC. :cheers:

NJTy180
10-13-2005, 11:58 PM
Is the GMC Syclone a vehicle that you can drive eveyday as normal transportation? (Day to Day local, not 600 mile road trips.)you can, but you should have a backup vehicle just incase. Syclones and Typhoons are not know for being "Mr. Reliable".

Is the Syclone a maintenance intensive vehicle?Extremely.

The Syclone was built to prove that GMC had the techno wheels to lead truck design, too bad the program began in 1991 and ended in 1993 with the Typhoon.

Thanks All, SC. :cheers:yep, but thats the way it was planned from the begining.

Superclone
10-14-2005, 01:14 AM
yep, but thats the way it was planned from the begining.

No disrespect to GMC, just wish they would have taken the "Sport truck" thing and ran with it. I guess we should be thankful that the SY was built at all.

Thanks NJTy180, Appreciate the replies. :biggrin:
:biggrin:

NJTy180
10-14-2005, 11:30 PM
No disrespect to GMC, just wish they would have taken the "Sport truck" thing and ran with it. I guess we should be thankful that the SY was built at all.

Thanks NJTy180, Appreciate the replies. :biggrin:
:biggrin:
well GMC didnt build the Syclones and Typhoons, PAS Inc. did, and it was supposedly planned from day one that the SyTy Project would end when the body style change came in 1994 for the pickups.

Add your comment to this topic!