Honda Civic Help...

whatup
10-11-2005, 05:03 AM
Hello All, I live in Japan and all information on the cars here are in Japanese. I know people on this site want everyone to do research before asking a question, but I don't even know where to start. I bought a 92 Civic Hatch with a B16a V-TEC engine for $1000. The car is in good shape, but pretty stock. I can get a honda car for cheap, but the parts are insanely expensive compared to the states because no one races Honda here. Parts are few and far between. Everybody races GT-Rs, Supras, Lancers, etc. I want to fix up my Honda so I have something different. My question is which cars in the states come with a B16a in them so that I know what kind of parts I need to research and buy. Does a Civic SI or LS come with a B16a? Over here, they are either V-TEC or not V-TEC, no one really knows about the EX, EL, etc. I e-mailed a company that was selling an air intake for a hybrid B16a, but when I asked if it would fit in my JDM car, they said that they don't know. If anyone could help, that would be nice. Also, does anyone know any good sites for research or part buying. Pleeeeease Help.

Thanks from Japan.

Ace$nyper
10-11-2005, 12:33 PM
Over hear the vtec del sol and the 99-00 SI both have the b16.

I am surprized to hear you can't find parts for your car over there.

some sites that have alot of JDM goodies would be.
www.raretrick.com
www.optauto.com
www.jhpusa.com

superbluecivicsi
10-11-2005, 04:48 PM
when the army sent me to japan, parts were plentiful there. you military? japanese civilian? just keep looking, japan is a honda finatics dreamland. it just sucks to ship stuff over here :P

exman98
10-11-2005, 07:24 PM
honda and japan go hand and hand, don't they.

whatup
10-12-2005, 04:40 AM
Over hear the vtec del sol and the 99-00 SI both have the b16.

I am surprized to hear you can't find parts for your car over there.

some sites that have alot of JDM goodies would be.
www.raretrick.com
www.optauto.com
www.jhpusa.com

There aren't any Civics that in the 1992 time frame that have B16a? What do the SI and LS have in them? There aren't that many used parts, and new one's are cheaper in the states. I believe that's called dumping.

whatup
10-12-2005, 04:49 AM
when the army sent me to japan, parts were plentiful there. you military? japanese civilian? just keep looking, japan is a honda finatics dreamland. it just sucks to ship stuff over here :P

I am a civilian. Used parts are scarce now. Not many people even mess with Hondas here. I don't live on the mainland. I live on a little island below Japan called Okinawa. It is part of Japanese territory. It is like a mini Hawaii with tropical weather and no snow. My only choice now is to buy parts from the US since it is much cheaper. I don't know if that's because all of the competition to sell parts there or Japan is selling parts to the US cheap to knock out domestic competition.

whatup
10-12-2005, 04:55 AM
honda and japan go hand and hand, don't they.

That's what I thought. They have the parts over here, but it is more expensive here than in the states. They want about $7000 for a turbo kit over here. I can find a lot of the stuff cheaper in the states than in Japan. There is no competition over here. It's like Autobacs, Starks, and every other car shop get together and figure out what price they want to sell the items. No matter which shop you go to, you will pay the same price. The only way you will get a difference in price is when a shop has a overstock or is phasing out an item.

Add your comment to this topic!