Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Caaaaan it be done?

Steel
05-19-2002, 12:44 AM
1 '93 pathfinder minus engine, tranny and rear drivetrain

add 4.7 (i think?) liter chevy S10 engine, tranny and rear drivetrain, supercharge and viola! Super Duper Pathy? or should i ask in the pathfinder forums?

fieroturbo
05-19-2002, 12:57 AM
Try looking at some of those "rebuildables" junkyards that have cars that just need major body work. Find any Nissan 4X4, grab the engine and stuff, get the Xterra's Supercharger from a dealer (or bashed up Xterra), and voila!!! You have your offroader! Go even further and port the heads on the sucker, stroke it, make it squeal!!! HEHE!:devil:

Try not to go cross-company. It's a pain in the ass as is (and it makes me sick) with those old chevy muscle cars with the ford rear drivetrain. Don't put Chevy in Nissan. (although, GM cross refrences with some toyota, suzuki, and isuzu stuff)

Steel
05-19-2002, 01:40 AM
sooooooooooo..........supercharged xterra into pathy? what's that a 3.5 litre? hmmm...

edit: but i want sumpething a little bigger than that. Something that'll put me over 300 in both hp and torque. not to mention a supercharger that works at all times, hehe. But if this is my only option....so be it

fieroturbo
05-20-2002, 01:20 AM
It's 3.3L with 170HP stock, and 210 with the S-Charger. Now, you port the heads, get better pistons, ceramic coat some stuff (better heat resistance), titanium valves lifters and springs, and get a better cam, you're all set! And get a pulley for the supercharger that'll make it turn faster. I'll get the specs on the engine and do some computer dyno sims on it N/A, not supercharged.

And having that s/c turn on and off saves gas (if it's a s/c before the Air/Fuel mix). If it's after the injectors and TB and it turns on and off (which has a lesser effect on fuel economy cause it compresses the existing air and fuel together), then I'd like to know what the hell Nissan is smoking!

enginerd
05-20-2002, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by fieroturbo
Try looking at some of those "rebuildables" junkyards that have cars that just need major body work. Find any Nissan 4X4, grab the engine and stuff, get the Xterra's Supercharger from a dealer (or bashed up Xterra), and voila!!! You have your offroader! Go even further and port the heads on the sucker, stroke it, make it squeal!!! HEHE!:devil:

Try not to go cross-company. It's a pain in the ass as is (and it makes me sick) with those old chevy muscle cars with the ford rear drivetrain. Don't put Chevy in Nissan. (although, GM cross refrences with some toyota, suzuki, and isuzu stuff)
Yeah, there's a guy in my town who discovered that a chevy small block and a toyota transmission share teh same splines. He's got this old toyota truck with a 350 in it.:bloated:

Steel
05-20-2002, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by fieroturbo
It's 3.3L with 170HP stock, and 210 with the S-Charger. Now, you port the heads, get better pistons, ceramic coat some stuff (better heat resistance), titanium valves lifters and springs, and get a better cam, you're all set! And get a pulley for the supercharger that'll make it turn faster. I'll get the specs on the engine and do some computer dyno sims on it N/A, not supercharged.

And having that s/c turn on and off saves gas (if it's a s/c before the Air/Fuel mix). If it's after the injectors and TB and it turns on and off (which has a lesser effect on fuel economy cause it compresses the existing air and fuel together), then I'd like to know what the hell Nissan is smoking!

That sounds...expensive. But worth it, hehe. I guess if i go with that, then ill HAVE to repaint my truck and pimp out the rest of it. Now i should compile a list of body modifications (nice ones, not icky ugly stupid ones)

fieroturbo
05-20-2002, 10:52 PM
It's worth it for a pathfinder. They're good vehicles, and it's a shame there aren't alot of modified ones out there. The Xterra is nice and all, but the pathfinder is a japaneese legend in the SUV world. I'd buy one if I was into suv's, but I'm a "If I need to haul stuff, I'll get a pickup truck," kinda guy.

Moppie
05-22-2002, 02:02 AM
It can and had been done.

In fact there must be a good handfull of chevy powered Pathies running around NZ.

You just have to have the time and enginering skill to fabricate new mounts, and an adaptor plate for the gear box, or use a Toyota box which fits the Chevy rather nicly.

Steel
05-22-2002, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Moppie
You just have to have the time and enginering skill to fabricate new mounts, and an adaptor plate for the gear box, or use a Toyota box which fits the Chevy rather nicly.

I was just thinking of getting a chevy tranny to go with it, minimal hassle.

oh right, can they be S-charged too?

Moppie
05-22-2002, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Steel

oh right, can they be S-charged too?

maaaaate!

With enough money and time you can do anything you want to a chevy! :D

Steel
05-22-2002, 08:52 PM
ooh, so i should accumulater for than a buck fifty six in my account then, huh?

Add your comment to this topic!