Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

rear window out of track

hippofan
10-09-2005, 10:43 AM
2003 trailblazer rear window came out of track and will not go up or down. how do i remove door panel to get to the window?

tahawus84
10-09-2005, 06:05 PM
Take off I think 2 or 3 screws then just pull. The screws are under little covers youll need to take off 1st.

ScarabEpic22
10-09-2005, 11:02 PM
OK, to remove the rear door panels, first pry up the window switch on the front and back with a screwdriver. You depress some metal tabs and it pulls out. There is a bolt or two underneath that, remove them. Then, work your way around the panel, popping the plactic clips that hold the panel on. Once these are removed, lift the panel up and off the door. Installation is the reverse.
Hope this helps a little.

balboasdelight
10-10-2005, 08:03 AM
There is a bolt or two underneath [the window switch]

On the '04, the bolt (10mm, I think) is under a little cover in the door handle. Pry it up with a flathead screwdriver. There's one bolt in each rear door; two in each front door. After popping the snap rivets all the way around, pull up and then off (there's a little shelf along the top that the whole panel hangs on)

ScarabEpic22
10-10-2005, 01:12 PM
Ohh, yea, thats where the bolt is! Its under the window switches in the front, not the back.

adgroene
11-01-2005, 08:18 AM
I was wondering if you were able to fix it? My '03 rear driver side window does not go up and down anymore. It slides down by itself while I am driving.

hoezaycuervo
08-08-2006, 07:48 PM
I thought I had a window out of track because it would not stay up, but thanks to the good instructions here I was able to get the door panel off. Also, The 02 Trailblazer has 2 7mm bolts under the cover to remove in the rear. I am a little confused as to what I need to do to fix this. It appears the cable has gotten tangled and a little stuck. Any advice? See pic below. Thanks!

http://images6.theimagehosting.com/02 TB Door Panel 002.th.jpg (http://server6.theimagehosting.com/image.php?img=02 TB Door Panel 002.jpg)

hoezaycuervo
08-09-2006, 09:15 PM
I dug a little more into this and removed the window motor by taking out 3 8mm bolts on the door side. The cables will need to be replaced because they are mangled. What happened is there is a plastic pulley with multiple guides and it ended up getting chewed up when the cable got offline. I hope the dealership will sell the cables and plastic part seperate from the entire motor. Stay tuned....

Add your comment to this topic!