opinion on a Yugo project

Deacon328
10-06-2005, 11:05 PM
I hope this doesn't offend the purists, but I have a question about using a Yugo in a project.
I want to convert a donor car into a electrical car and was looking for something very light that handled nicely. The Yugo is both. I was wondering what your collective opinions would be about the conversion.

Thanks
Deacon

AssassinFive
10-12-2005, 04:54 PM
I would suggest a Fiero. They are light and only 2 seaters. The body panels are fiberglass and can be easily replaced with lighter kevlar,carbon fiber, or other composite materials

2strokebloke
10-12-2005, 09:41 PM
Well if you already have a Yugo for free, then go for it. However, the Yugo is heavy for it's size though it does handle nicely. A chevy sprint is even light than a Yugo and roughly the same size, and handles pretty good. too.
There was for a time an electric version of the Renault Le Car known as the "Lectric Leopard" and these were supposed to be one of the better electric conversions around during the 70's.
The Fiero would also be good, since it has a good amount of space for batteries and is also light and handles well.

Add your comment to this topic!