Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Lowered - - - No Cambers

exhausted
10-06-2005, 07:38 PM
Okay.... so I bought this 95 civic from my girlfriends brother.

obviously he dosn't know shit about cars because he kept on saying that there is a "good suspension system in ther bla bla bla"

yesterday, I found out that the alignment is totally fuked and i need camber kits... how many retards on the road who have lowered cars have this problem?? or if he had it installed by "pros" wouldn't they have suggested to have them installed?? anyways my alignments all fuked up...

there are eibach springs in there . . what cambers could anybody suggest? how much will they cost?

BullShifter
10-06-2005, 10:50 PM
If the car is lowered more than 1.75" camber kits are needed because there are no factory camber adjustments. Above 1.75" camber isn't as much of an issue but it's still off a bit, not enough to cause major tire wear unless soft tires are used.

Many people that mess with suspension don't understand it fully. They think all they need is lowering springs & their good to go. To do suspension right it costs money, always has & always will.

The are many cars on the road "slammed" without camber kits. A couple of reasons I can come up with:
-They think negative camber looks cool since race cars have it.
-They can't afford to do it right.
-They never thought about alignments after lowering.

Depending how low it is you may only need front camber kits. I always recommend Ingalls www.tirerack.com For the rear longer bolts & washers can be used like this http://home.earthlink.net/~civicex95/rearcamber.html Just don't use cheap as bolts as shown on the website. Ingalls can also supply you with the correct longer bolts & washers.

We won't lower a car without aligning it. I tell them like this if you can afford to do it right wait til you can or take it to some hack down the road that only wants your money. With minimal lowering 0-1.75" you can get away with just adjusting the toe.

exhausted
10-07-2005, 10:37 AM
Yeah I Talked to the guy yesterday. He said that he didnt have the money to do it right. That dumb ass, he could have at least told me. instead of spending $$ oh his worn tires, he could have bought the camber kits... thats just common sence.

ill bet that over %50 of the kunckleheads out there with lowered cars don't have it done right..

BullShifter
10-07-2005, 10:10 PM
ill bet that over %50 of the kunckleheads out there with lowered cars don't have it done right..

Just 50% :lol2: I would have to say more based on the cars I saw come into Honda and now into our shop.

It's either low quality springs or sleeves, not upgraded struts, no camber kits when needed, no alignment even to set toe. It's pretty sad what the import market has become. Don't get me wrong there are still great parts out there but they cost money and people just want stuff to have it without buying quality.

gmcuajo
10-10-2005, 04:06 PM
When you lower the car and install the camber kit, how many degrees is recommend; or the factory specs? Are there any risk of the tire/wheel damage the fender...?
In a 01 civic?

BullShifter
10-10-2005, 11:30 PM
It depends what the primary purpose of the car is. Most of the time factory spec's should be used unless the car see a road course or autox.

Add your comment to this topic!