Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

engine trouble

oregon85t-type
10-06-2005, 01:05 AM
I need all the advise I can get. My 85 T-type runs fine on cold mornings when the engine is cold. As the engine warms up or the day is warm it starts to hesitate on accelleration or when the engine is under power and will occasionally stall. If the engine dies, it will not start for several minutes (even hours). When it does start the engine behavior is dependent on the temperature of the engine. I have had it to several mechanics and have replaced the fuel pump, thottle position sensor, spark plugs and wires (twice!). In each case I was told this would solve the problem. It didn't

I am not even sure if the problem is fuel or electrical system, I am getting two different answers depending on who I talk to. I am not a mechanic but in researching possible causes myself I have come up with two possibilities the ignition control module or the crank shaft position sensor.

Has a problem like this happened to any other turbo owners that may have advise to share.

scaredofheights
02-23-2006, 03:43 AM
I need all the advise I can get. My 85 T-type runs fine on cold mornings when the engine is cold. As the engine warms up or the day is warm it starts to hesitate on accelleration or when the engine is under power and will occasionally stall. If the engine dies, it will not start for several minutes (even hours). When it does start the engine behavior is dependent on the temperature of the engine. I have had it to several mechanics and have replaced the fuel pump, thottle position sensor, spark plugs and wires (twice!). In each case I was told this would solve the problem. It didn't

I am not even sure if the problem is fuel or electrical system, I am getting two different answers depending on who I talk to. I am not a mechanic but in researching possible causes myself I have come up with two possibilities the ignition control module or the crank shaft position sensor.

Has a problem like this happened to any other turbo owners that may have advise to share. good guess. it definitly sounds like its the ignition module. id go with that first.

Add your comment to this topic!