Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Sorento Blues

claw1234
10-04-2005, 09:45 PM
Hi all
I noticed im not the first to suffer from a sheared bolt on the pully connected to the crank. To make things worse the mechanic could not get the sheared bolt out of the crankshaft. He then tried to drill it out and apparently the shaft is softer that the bolt and as he waivered a bit ,he damaged the crank. They cant decide wether or not to replace the crank or the entire block. 8 burnt head lights in 2 years, a seat that feels like its been crushed (54000kms)by an elephant,serious wheel vibrations when braking. It does look good and is fun to drive ..so fucking what!!!!.Im really regretting this purchase ..WATCH OUT.

FamilyManOfFive
11-11-2005, 10:51 PM
Sounds like you got one of those once in a lifetime engines... Contact Kia and get a new engine (UNDER WARRANTY) IF you are the original owner. Then find a real Kia technician to replace the bad alternator (Producing too many amps/voltage.).

I WAS a GM Truck owner.

JP

KMG9185
12-19-2005, 08:21 PM
Hi all
I noticed im not the first to suffer from a sheared bolt on the pully connected to the crank. To make things worse the mechanic could not get the sheared bolt out of the crankshaft. He then tried to drill it out and apparently the shaft is softer that the bolt and as he waivered a bit ,he damaged the crank. They cant decide wether or not to replace the crank or the entire block. 8 burnt head lights in 2 years, a seat that feels like its been crushed (54000kms)by an elephant,serious wheel vibrations when braking. It does look good and is fun to drive ..so fucking what!!!!.Im really regretting this purchase ..WATCH OUT.
we at the dealer cant order just a crank to put in a engine...we can only get a short block or a long block....... they wont even tell us the torque specs on much of the internal engine and i am a technician for them.....they are strict with thier engines and transmissions....

Kevin

wilde1j
03-14-2007, 06:18 PM
Wheel vibration when braking is due to warped rotors, a common Sorento problem. If the truck is still under warranty, I'd lean on the dealer. If not, get four US made aftermarket rotors and you'll be good to go for a long time.

suyt
05-17-2007, 05:18 AM
wow this one went everywhere.
warped/pulsating rotors common on any car line.
sheared crank bolts THIS is new to kia,but is a posted tsb ALONG with specs.as well as other torque specs for internal engine parts.yes transmissions the techs not aloud to get into.

Add your comment to this topic!