Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Fastest car for under 6 K's

4blogger 96
10-04-2005, 09:21 PM
I am 15 years old and I have like $2,250 saved up and my dad is going to double what ever I amke up to 2,500, so once I have saved 2,500 he doesn't double wahat I make he just adds 2,500 to it. So Say I've saved 3,500 dollars total, I would get 6 g's total. That amount is what I expect to acheive once I end up buyin a car. So I have been looking around and I want something that will eat up all the cars in my hometown in Oregon. My biggest competitors are an H22 powered 2nd gen Prelude, a '93 Acura Integra B20 Supercharged Apex Exaust and probably other go-fast goodies, an '89 Civic DX w/ a B16 swap Apex exaust short ram air intake and not sure what else, 2 '95 Celica FWD's prob light mods, and supposably some senior has a 12-sec Talon Tsi, but I have never seen it around, so its probably bull. But you get the jist of it, pretty much all the kids at my high school either get 4wd trucks or cheaper japanese imports. I want something that starts out at at least faster than 14.00 sec 1/4 mile. Some of the cars I have come up with are: 5.7L F-body Camaro, Firebird, MkII Supra Turbo, has to RWD, dont want any thing that I cant buy parts locally for and costs a bundle i.e BMW, Volkswagon, or even Mitsubishi because there isn't a Mistubishi dealer for like 75 miles. Anything from GM, Toyota, anything Mopar (we have a huge Dodge-Jeep-Chrysler backing out here in terms of distributers). One other thing, it has to be able to smoke my friends 2002 Mustang 2.8 V6. Nuff said. Please give advice.

SuperHighOutput
10-05-2005, 11:46 AM
LT1 F-Bodies (Camaro and Firebird) are a good choice, and you might want to look at a Mustang 5.0 also. A 5.0 can be had for 3k-4k and with a few mods shouldn't have any trouble with those cars. The LT1 F-Bodies are going to cost a little more to start out with, but they are faster in stock form than a 5.0. So I say you can't go wrong with either a 5.0 Mustang or LT1 Camaro/Firebird, but personally I'd go with a Firebird Formula, if you can find one, because they look just like a V6, but have the muscle of a Trans Am, unless you can find a good 5.0 for under 4 grand in which case you might want to go that route.

4blogger 96
10-06-2005, 06:06 PM
Thanks, I have been lokking at 5.0's on the internet and I like them alot. The 302 has huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge aftermarket support, and their pretty cheap too. I like the looks of the '88's, 89's and 90's, but in '91 when the LX became the 5.0 trim, the body became a little longer and narrower, and I think those are ugly. 220 HP, though not a ton for a V8 should be plenty for me I think, plus I'd use most of the rest of the money for upgrades. I havent looked at Firebird Formula, but they sound like a beast. It also fits my personality, modest on the outside, beast on the inside. Looks are really a priority, being as Im probably gonna smash in to stuff all over the place (hopefully not any cars), they are just a plus. i am going to go do sum research on the Formula and the 5.0, I think I've narrowed it down to those two. But keep it comin, any other recomendable cars would be greatly appreciated.

4blogger 96
10-06-2005, 06:08 PM
*looks aren't really a priority

clawhammer
10-06-2005, 06:31 PM
Probably should post in the car comparisons section. It tends to get a bit more attention.

DSM is definetely the cheapest way to go fast. You can find a good car for under $3k, and with $3k in mods you can be running 12s.

sv650s
10-06-2005, 06:58 PM
are u looking for something fast or a fast car?
because with the 5k you've got you could buy a like new bike like if a ninja 500 and a corvette raced there's a big chance the the ninja would win

Sx2
10-06-2005, 07:43 PM
because with the 5k you've got you could buy a like new bike like if a ninja 500 and a corvette raced there's a big chance the the ninja would win

world of knowledge. too bad his funeral will cost more... :evillol:

SuperHighOutput
10-06-2005, 07:48 PM

16 year olds do not need to be riding sport bikes, or any motorcycle for that matter. He's most likely looking for something he can use everyday, which is not what this is designed for.

Zachp911
10-06-2005, 07:56 PM
I'd have to agree, a Mustang 5.0 would most likely be the fastest car for under $6k. My friend bought an '88 Mustang GT 5.0 with 75k miles for around $2k.

sv650s
10-06-2005, 08:16 PM
a ninja 250 isn't a sports bike it's about the best bike that a beginner can ride, i'm not slow enough to tell a bike newbie to buy a sportbike.

Add your comment to this topic!