disableing automatic lights

mattio781
10-04-2005, 09:08 PM
has anyone ever got annoyed with your lights turning off and on, is there any way to get rid of the automatic lights, there annoying the hell out of me, can i just disconnect the light sensor? any help would be wonderful

SeanMurphy
10-05-2005, 01:29 PM
You COULD just wire a switch to the wire on the e-brake so that when you flip the switch, the ebrake wire goes to ground. This will fool the car into thinking the ebrake is on, and will turn off the DRLs. Unfortunately, it'll also make the ebrake light show up on your dash panel, but i guess if it means that much to you to be less visible in the daytime, go ahead. :)

mattio781
10-05-2005, 08:51 PM
no, its not the drl's that are bothereing me. Its the regular automatic lights, that turn on everything, the light sensor is on the dash on the right side near the a pillar which doesn't get much light. Its all the lights that turn on, all i hear when i hit alittle dark spot is "click" damn loud relays.

99TrackerConv
12-21-2005, 09:20 AM
no, its not the drl's that are bothereing me. Its the regular automatic lights, that turn on everything, the light sensor is on the dash on the right side near the a pillar which doesn't get much light. Its all the lights that turn on, all i hear when i hit alittle dark spot is "click" damn loud relays.

Just pull that sensor out of the dash by carefully prying it out with a small screwdriver or knife and unplug that sucker.

Then when you want lights at night you just turn them on like you would on a normal car

mattio781
12-22-2005, 11:35 PM
you are the shit!!!! thanks a million, i wasn't sure if that would fix it but im on it now

mattio781
12-22-2005, 11:38 PM
Awesome im on it now!

99TrackerConv
12-23-2005, 12:15 AM
Awesome im on it now!

No problem. Any other questions just post them.

Add your comment to this topic!