Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

95 Civic Ex Next Upgrade

exhausted
10-04-2005, 05:59 PM
Looking for suggestions

got a 95 civic ex with:
intake
a'pexi RS (pre-ws) exhaust
upgraded spark wires

was thinking about getting headers next
and then air/fuel management controller

what should i install next?

wakeboard_dude5
10-04-2005, 06:19 PM
get quality headers and a REAL free-flow cat (Magniflow, carsound, ect. and not just resonator off ebay). air'fuel controller useless, you wouldn't need it anyways.

If i were you, i'd start spending my money to work on suspension. Lowering, sway bars, strut bars. Make it corner like no other. But it's not up to me, its all what you're going for. If its speed, save up for a B-series swap or go turbo. if you go either of those ways there's no need for a header because you'll have to change it with either of those routes. Do as many search's as you can, you'll find tons of info all over this site.

exhausted
10-05-2005, 10:20 AM
yeah i have eibach springs in there.. 5zigen rims but i do need to get a pair of sway bars...
hmm.. does getting a turbo kit alter what kind of headers you need??

wakeboard_dude5
10-05-2005, 12:13 PM
yes, you will need a very rare header off of a GMC Yukon, just the drivers side one. From there, you must cut it, resize, drill holes, than see if it lines up. Before asking about turbos....try searching. There's tons of info out there that would answer all your questions. If you go turbo you can get some kits that have everything you would need or you can piece it all together. But be prepaired to spend atleast $2000 for a good set up.

exhausted
10-05-2005, 03:49 PM
just got the apexi exhaust on, its weird.... it responds better to inital acceleration.... before i had it on, it had more pull when shifting gears?
any ideas why??? did i lose HP??

wakeboard_dude5
10-06-2005, 12:09 AM
the pipe diameter is probably big so you're loosing what little torque you have. Could have slight HP gain, but torque is the kick you've felt.

exhausted
10-06-2005, 05:45 PM
damnit, the assclown that owned the car before told me that he had good suspension in there. I took it to the alignmentr shop and they said it needs a camber kit on the front and back.. so the fucking alignment has been off since i bought it and since he lowered it... also the fuckin moron wired the audio system backwards and used cheap cable.... getting pissed..

Otherwise performance wise..i had more of a chance to try the new exhaust out... actually the high end rpm pull is about the same .. a hell of a lot more pull from inital acceleration... before it would take forever..

still pissed about the sus[pension though....its all rattly on the road..has new tires and alignment.

tomsindahizouse
10-06-2005, 07:14 PM
ok...so back to the GMC Yukon Header. make sure that you wrap it up with heat tape before you install it. with the turbo its gonna get really hot under the hood.

exhausted
10-06-2005, 07:30 PM
"f"that .. . . .ill just buy som DC headers for $400 .. . .
Ceramic or steel???

I would think that steel retains heat more than ceramic
but i might be wrong

tomsindahizouse
10-06-2005, 08:58 PM
go with the ceramic. you do know the yukon thing was just a joke...right?

wakeboard_dude5
10-06-2005, 11:30 PM
haha ya, the thing about the yukon was just a joke. Correct me if i'm wrong, but retaining heat really doesn't matter that much. I believe its about how well it flows. i got a DC 1 piece ceramic 4-2-1 header and it seems to work just fine for me. I believe that style header is the "best overall" header. And what size rims do you have? that could be why your suspension seems all rattly. or... you could just be driving on bad roads

exhausted
10-07-2005, 10:31 AM
Yeah, I was kinda ignoring the Yukon idea... just sounded like a bad idea.. funny joke though.

Naww, the two new tires on there must not have been balanced properly.

but still , the car needs camber kits.

wakeboard_dude5
10-08-2005, 02:33 AM
tires mean nothing. the bigger the rim the harder the ride because there is less width between rim and surface which = less cushion

Add your comment to this topic!