Chrysler Conquest Turbo on a CRX, good gains?

HondaCivic4358
10-04-2005, 09:40 AM
My friend is giving me a Turbo from a Conquest and am going to put it on my crx z6. Would this be a decent turbo for decent gains? He told me that it should spool up pretty nicely on a little 1.6. any thoughts? the turbo is in excellent working condition. how much hp should i expect?

jeef
10-04-2005, 10:30 AM
I'm putting tires on my car, how well will it handle?

There are way too many varibles to tell you much of anything.

HondaCivic4358
10-04-2005, 03:01 PM
I'm putting tires on my car, how well will it handle?

There are way too many varibles to tell you much of anything.

do u know what size it is by-chance?

Marc-OS
10-04-2005, 03:06 PM
It's a T25 pretty much, good for low boost. Very common turbo for 1.6L's, works nicely from the dyno's I've seen.

HondaCivic4358
10-04-2005, 08:43 PM
It's a T25 pretty much, good for low boost. Very common turbo for 1.6L's, works nicely from the dyno's I've seen.

Thanks for your help man.

Riceboy891
10-05-2005, 04:22 AM
starions and conquests come with tdo5h 12a turbos. They run just under 10psi on the conquest stock. It will work fine for a honda motor and you can upgrade the internals to a larger version like a 14b later on if you need to.

HondaCivic4358
10-05-2005, 10:35 AM
starions and conquests come with tdo5h 12a turbos. They run just under 10psi on the conquest stock. It will work fine for a honda motor and you can upgrade the internals to a larger version like a 14b later on if you need to.
would it be ok to run 10 psi on stock engine internals?

jeef
10-05-2005, 10:40 AM
thats on the outter edge of the limits, you can do it but make sure you tune it well.

Riceboy891
10-05-2005, 01:13 PM
i would recomend not running more than about 7psi on stock internals. That is if you want your motor to last. We all know how our anorexic little rods hate boost. But again it is all in the tune. I have seen people run 12psi on stock motor. Its all up to the amount of time and money that you are willing to put into it.

HondaCivic4358
10-05-2005, 05:31 PM
i would liek to just slap it on there how it is, with just a little less than 10 psi, previously stated. i dont want to get it on and that day fuck my rods up...or anything else...10 psi...what should i do to my engine to be sure it can handle that? or should i be ok if i dont hot rod it all the time like most 16 year olds..

Riceboy891
10-06-2005, 04:18 AM
i would suggest running a boost controller. they can either be a manual or electronic. You can make a manual boost controller with parts from home depot or you can spend the money for an electronic. This will allow you to keep the boost down wherever you want it and still just "slap" the turbo on there with the wastegate still set at 10psi. Many people say that an electronic boost controller is the best but i have seen tests where the homemade one outperforms some big name ones. to get you car tuned right you can use a rising rate fuel pressure regulator but that is not recomonded. I suggest looking into tuning your ecu with something like turboedit(go to PGMFI.org for all of your honda ecu tuning needs), but you need to get some extra fuel into the motor otherwise KABOOM. To get your motor tuned right you will probably want to get some dyno time preferably with wideband if possible. For low boost applications you can get away with a not so perfect tune, but since you want to push the stock motor limits i recomend a lot of attention put into your air/fuel and timing.If you dont know what I am talking about PLEASE DONT try to tune your car yourself. get some experienced help. No point in ruining any good CRX's. There really is a lot more to doing a custom turbo setup than that so you need to search around for some info maybe find someone near you that can show you a few things. Check out homemadeturbo.com for quite a few custom honda turbo setups. All i can really say is that i hope you know what you are doing and what you are getting into because it is not as easy as "slapping" on a turbo and then hittin the boost. It has to be done right

HondaCivic4358
10-06-2005, 09:22 AM
i understand. i am learning as i go. my friend knows everything to know about turbos and his whole family has mercedes. he is in th process of puting a t28 on his. he is going to do most of the work. im just curious, if turbos are so hard, why are they considered a bolt on? obviously its because they bolt right on, and its pretty self explanatory. im not disagreeing, im just saying that the bolt on part should be pretty easy, the ecu and boost control will be harder, but he knows what he's doing. how would i make this "homemade" boost controller?

FuLL BLown STD
10-06-2005, 12:53 PM
www.turbod16.com

Riceboy891
10-06-2005, 02:27 PM
here is the link for the comparison of boost controllers. http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/tech/0207scc_boostcontrol08/

Riceboy891
10-06-2005, 02:33 PM
im not saying that doing a turbo setup is hard. I am simply trying to let you know that you need to make sure you think it through and do it right so not to mess anything up. It is not hard. But, for a first timer you need to just take your time and not be in a mad rush just to hear that "pshhhhhhh". Just do some research on the links that have been provided(not to mention the million posts on this forum about turbo hondas)

Add your comment to this topic!