Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2002 Envoy SLT driver seat not working

simonrichards
10-04-2005, 06:14 AM
Hello,

I have a 2002 Envoy SLT 4WD with 57,000 miles. A few days ago, my wife got in to drive, put her key in and the seat started it's memory recall routine, but then crapped out, just stopped mid way through. Then, none of the controls on the side of the seat would work from that point on. Also, the heated seat now does not work on the drivers side.

I checked all the fuses I could find nada, nothing. Fuses were all fine. Does anybody have an idea what caused this and how much it would cost to fix?

I'm pretty confident that it's not the motor in the seat as none of the controls work at all. However, the memory program will still recall the mirrors and radio station preferences.

Has anybody else experienced this? Please help if at all possible!

Thanks in advance!
Simon

simonrichards
11-19-2005, 11:16 PM
Can anyone please help on this?

T.I.A.!

03 lowered envoy
11-20-2005, 09:20 PM
Can anyone please help on this?

T.I.A.!
dont know if this will help .Maybe this is the problem.

Memory Power Seat Inoperative (Replace Memory Seat Module with New Design Module) #01-08-50-011A - (Oct 24, 2003)
Memory Power Seat Inoperative (Replace Memory Seat Module with New Design Module)
2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer

2002 GMC Envoy

2002 Oldsmobile Bravada

Built Prior to VIN Breakpoint 22180054 or June 19, 2001

This bulletin is being revised to update the Parts and Warranty Information. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 01-08-50-011 (Section 08 - Body and Accessories).

Condition
Some customers may comment that the memory seats or heated seats are inoperative.

Cause
A logic lock-up of the memory seat module may cause this condition.

Correction
Important: This repair is not to be performed on vehicles without memory/heated seats. In the event a vehicle without memory/heated seats has an inoperative power seat, use published Service Information for diagnosis.
Replace the memory/heated seat module
Module, Heated Seat with memory
2 per vehicle

simonrichards
11-20-2005, 09:44 PM
Thanks so much! That sounds like the problem. I'll take it to the dealer and see what they say.

BTW, when I trued to look the TSB up, it took me to a website called www.tsb.com but it was a paid website to get the information. It's the only place I could find that had info on the TSB - other than what you supplied. Is what you provided below all the information from the TSB? Is that is?

I hope they'll fix it under warranty even though my vehicle is now out of warranty.

Many thanks once again!

Cheers,
Simon

03 lowered envoy
11-21-2005, 10:27 PM
[here is the whole thing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Memory Power Seat Inoperative (Replace Memory Seat Module with New Design Module) #01-08-50-011A - (Oct 24, 2003)
Memory Power Seat Inoperative (Replace Memory Seat Module with New Design Module)
2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer

2002 GMC Envoy

2002 Oldsmobile Bravada

Built Prior to VIN Breakpoint 22180054 or June 19, 2001

This bulletin is being revised to update the Parts and Warranty Information. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 01-08-50-011 (Section 08 - Body and Accessories).

Condition
Some customers may comment that the memory seats or heated seats are inoperative.

Cause
A logic lock-up of the memory seat module may cause this condition.

Correction
Important: This repair is not to be performed on vehicles without memory/heated seats. In the event a vehicle without memory/heated seats has an inoperative power seat, use published Service Information for diagnosis.

Diagnosis
If the seat is currently inoperable, perform the following diagnosis in order to determine if this correction is the correct repair.

Connect the Tech 2 to the vehicle.
When the main menu is displayed on the Tech 2, verify the software version that is installed in the Tech 2. If it is not software version 21.007 or later which was broadcast to dealerships on August 20, 2001, or CD received August 27, 2001, update the Tech 2.
Select Diagnostics. Press Enter.
Select model year 2002. Press Enter.
Select LD TRK, MPV, Incomplete. Press Enter.
Select Body. Press Enter.
Select LD Truck line "S" or "T". Press Enter.
Select Body Type. Press Enter.
Select Air Conditioning Type. Press Enter.
Select Driver Seat Module. Press Enter.
Select Data Display. Press Enter.
Select Input/Output. Press Enter.
If the Tech 2 does not communicate with the driver seat module ("No Communications with Vehicle Check Diagnostic Link Connector Check Ignition (On/Off)"), the module is possibly locked due to a logic lockup. Remove the LGM/DSM (Lift Glass Module/Driver Seat Module) fuse. This fuse is also the fuse for the Passenger Seat Module; 10 AMP, fuse #6 from the Rear Underseat Fuse Block.
Verify that the fuse is not open. If OK, wait 30 seconds before reinstalling the fuse.
Attempt to move the seat. If the seat now moves or the Tech 2 now establishes communication with the driver seat module, you should replace the seat module using the procedure below. If not, use normal SI service diagnostics to determine why the seat is inoperable.

Memory/Heated Seat Module Replacement
Replace the memory/heated seat module using the procedure listed below.

Position the driver's front seat in the full up-right position. If the seats are inoperative, you may be able to re-initialize the seat module by disconnecting the seat module wiring harness from the seat module at the front edge of the seat cushion for 30 seconds.
Remove the three screws that attach the seat switch bezel to the seat cushion assembly and set aside.
Remove the four nuts that attach the seat cushion pan to the seat assembly.
Remove the production aid seat clip from the front outboard stud and discard (if equipped).
Position the seat pan to access the seat module retaining screw and remove the screw.
Disconnect the electrical connectors from the seat module.
Connect the electrical connectors to the new seat module.
Reinstall the seat module retaining screw.

Tighten
Tighten the screw to 3 N·m(26 lb in).

Position the seat pan to the seat assembly and install the four retaining nuts.

Tighten
Tighten the nuts to 25 N·m(18 lb ft).

Reposition the seat switch bezel and install the three retaining screws.

Tighten
Tighten the screws to 3 N·m(26 lb in).

Lower the seat to the normal position.
If the vehicle is equipped with heated seats, perform all steps on the front passenger side seat as well.
Parts Information
Part Number
Description
Qty

Module, Memory Seat (except heated seats)
1 per vehicle

Module, Heated Seat with memory
2 per vehicle

Parts are currently available from GMSPO.

Warranty Information
For vehicles repaired under warranty, use:

Labor Operation
Description
Labor Time

N5510
Module, Heated and/or Memory (left side) - Replace
0.5 hr

Add
Module, Heated Seat (right side) - Replace
0.4 hr

Add
Diagnosis Time
0.0-0.3 hr

GM bulletins are intended for use by professional technicians, NOT a "do-it-yourselfer". They are written to inform these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or to provide information that could assist in the proper service of a vehicle. Properly trained technicians have the equipment, tools, safety instructions, and know-how to do a job properly and safely. If a condition is described, DO NOT assume that the bulletin applies to your vehicle, or that your vehicle will have that condition. See your GM dealer for information on whether your vehicle may benefit from the information.
WE SUPPORT VOLUNTARY TECHNICIAN CERTIFICATION

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Add your comment to this topic!