Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

what tranny is the toughest d series

bumpit2001
10-03-2005, 10:00 PM
I was wondering what is the toughtest tranny for a d series motor. I'm looking for something with lsd, but i'm not sure if d series has a lsd tranny?

I was also wondering if there is aq tougher slave cylinder or something to engage my clutch better, i put a XTD stage 3 clutch, on my jrsc supercharged civic cx?

Thank you for any input.

snowman2005
10-04-2005, 07:38 AM
the 6th gen civic tranny came with steel shift forks so from what i know those are the tougher.

i_a_n112784
10-04-2005, 08:05 AM
I'd be willing to bet, that no d series is signifigantly tougher than any other d series. Mainly take care of it and they should handle whatever power your setup makes. If you want a tougher lsd d series trans, build it, unless you're not comfortable doing that kind of work.

A smaller bore slave cylinder will require less pedal effort, but will screw with where it engages and pedal travel so I'd highly recommend against screwing with it.

This is kind of off the topic, but how do you like that supercharger, andhow bad was it to put in? I've been thinking about getting one.

bumpit2001
10-04-2005, 09:16 AM
the supercharger is great i need to do some tuning because i just got it on sept. 30. It's a whole new car i never thought that you could feel power like that out of a single cam. I can be rolling in first, about 20 mph, and floor it and it will burn off until 2nd. it was pretty easy to put on, the only down fall is the instructions could have used a little more illustrations. if you now how to change a intake manifold you can put a supercharger on.

i_a_n112784
10-04-2005, 12:44 PM
I meant to add about the transmission stuff that if you start out with a good tranny, its hard to kill it. Pretty much change the fluid every 30k or sooner if you're hard on it. The thing about steel shift forks really doesn't matter since you REALLY have to beat on it to bend one. The things to watch are the synchros and the bearings, and if you're pushing alot of hp, the teeth on the gears. If you have problems shifting from like just 3rd to 4th, but not from 2nd to third, then the synchro(s) have seen better days, and if it's really noisy, it could be a bearing or the gears themselves.

As far as the forced induction goes, i have a 94 ex, and I'm looking at forced induction, and I'd rather have the low end of a sc, than a turbo, even with the parasitic drain of the belt feed. I guess its just personal preference. I can easily put it on, I'm an auto student, i have a few ase certs and i've been working on hondas since before i could drive. It's just good to hear from some people how well thier setup worked, and what brands, etc they used.

Add your comment to this topic!