Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

which one of these A4's should i get?

Sx2
10-03-2005, 07:15 PM
'98 Audi A4 69K for $10,000 (Post #1)

it passed the 130 test
Carfax Certified
and 6 months dealer warranty
very/super clean no accident or scratch at all
everything is fabric
V6 2.8 190 HP
Pewer steering
power sit
New tires
Leathers sit
it was owned by a female teachers and mostly highway milage
was serviced 2 weeks ago...
FWD

it was 11,995 and after 2 weeks of back and forth argu i brought it down to $10,000

should i get that or

a '00 Audi 56K miles for $10,250
no accident but some minors scratches on rare bumper
scratch on front bumper
150-hp, 1.8-liter I-4
no waranty
auto check goo record but nor carfax certified
lowering kit
19 wheels (tho the two right wheels are scratched bad due to the owner's lack of parking skills)
it was owned by a young male so i assume he got his money's
worth out of the car
FWD

so you guys tell me which one shoudl i get?

PS: Can someone please Crafax this VIN# WAUDD28D9WA198182 for me?

Sx2
10-04-2005, 04:16 PM
come on ppl

ctesla
10-04-2005, 05:47 PM
'98 Audi A4 69K for $10,000 (Post #1)

it passed the 130 test
Carfax Certified
and 6 months dealer warranty
very/super clean no accident or scratch at all
everything is fabric
V6 2.8 190 HP
Pewer steering
power sit
New tires
Leathers sit
it was owned by a female teachers and mostly highway milage
was serviced 2 weeks ago...
FWD

it was 11,995 and after 2 weeks of back and forth argu i brought it down to $10,000

should i get that or

a '00 Audi 56K miles for $10,250
no accident but some minors scratches on rare bumper
scratch on front bumper
150-hp, 1.8-liter I-4
no waranty
auto check goo record but nor carfax certified
lowering kit
19 wheels (tho the two right wheels are scratched bad due to the owner's lack of parking skills)
it was owned by a young male so i assume he got his money's
worth out of the car
FWD

?

honestly, both sound decent; however, I would go with whichever owner wants to make a sale.
allow each to know, that price is the issue, as there is one other car, that could potentially see your money, and see if either is willing to drop the price more.
running a blue book on either will be in the general price that they have;
breaking them down:
first one : VERY clean, AND WARRANTY!
new tires and service records?! PLUS+
two down sides: #1 any records of timing belt work. if not, that means it'll be on you, unless you have this worked into your warranty/service agreement. oh, by the way=$$$
#2 it is a 2.8-V6 and will get less gas mileage, and there is limited aftermarket (but can still be tricked out, and have 200-300+HP potential)

-on the second vehicle: NEWER, but with almost same miles, and a little more in cost.
body blemishes can add up in cost quickly, but
four cylinder- way better gas mileage, and way more aftermarket.

down sides: has ALREADY been modified by driver, while not a bad thing in and of itself, odds are those "almost" same mileage as other vehicle were "HARD" miles, and if mods were done, so/so, could be looking at more "fit-it-up work down the road, and NO WARRANTY!!!
this is big, since seldom do used vehicles come with one(depending on how good they are), and the first six payments/months, if something does come up, and they refuse; you have a legal way out of the vehicle.

I am biased anyway, so I'd take the 2.8L; however, the 1.8 has massive potential, but without seeing the undercarriage and frame (remember he lowered it, and professionally down or not, he drove it this way) I would be shy about giving a thumbs up...

BUT(back to my original arguement), if they want to sell bad enough, and call you back with a counter-offer of eight and a half grand, a front wheel drive would definitely be worth that. plus, do you get the original wheels or are they gone; as this would be a PLUS to me (one set summer, one set winter; no mounting and balancing, just swap)

hope this helps,
chris
nrt racing

Sx2
10-04-2005, 07:22 PM
honestly, both sound decent; however, I would go with whichever owner wants to make a sale.
allow each to know, that price is the issue, as there is one other car, that could potentially see your money, and see if either is willing to drop the price more.
running a blue book on either will be in the general price that they have;
breaking them down:
first one : VERY clean, AND WARRANTY!
new tires and service records?! PLUS+
two down sides: #1 any records of timing belt work. if not, that means it'll be on you, unless you have this worked into your warranty/service agreement. oh, by the way=$$$
#2 it is a 2.8-V6 and will get less gas mileage, and there is limited aftermarket (but can still be tricked out, and have 200-300+HP potential)

-on the second vehicle: NEWER, but with almost same miles, and a little more in cost.
body blemishes can add up in cost quickly, but
four cylinder- way better gas mileage, and way more aftermarket.

down sides: has ALREADY been modified by driver, while not a bad thing in and of itself, odds are those "almost" same mileage as other vehicle were "HARD" miles, and if mods were done, so/so, could be looking at more "fit-it-up work down the road, and NO WARRANTY!!!
this is big, since seldom do used vehicles come with one(depending on how good they are), and the first six payments/months, if something does come up, and they refuse; you have a legal way out of the vehicle.

I am biased anyway, so I'd take the 2.8L; however, the 1.8 has massive potential, but without seeing the undercarriage and frame (remember he lowered it, and professionally down or not, he drove it this way) I would be shy about giving a thumbs up...

BUT(back to my original arguement), if they want to sell bad enough, and call you back with a counter-offer of eight and a half grand, a front wheel drive would definitely be worth that. plus, do you get the original wheels or are they gone; as this would be a PLUS to me (one set summer, one set winter; no mounting and balancing, just swap)

hope this helps,
chris
nrt racing

thank man great info.
see '98 one was owned by a middle age female teacher. the thing looks like it just came outta factory. and '00 owner was a young guy 19-23 so i bet he did put it to the floor most of times. and when i went under the '00 it had a lot of grind and scratches (you knoe it's been lowered and there are a lot of upside down on the road) the airconditiong hoes have been wipped away (dealer will change). and there is this one long black piece of metal under the radiator/on teh back of the front bumper. that i think is connected to it that has been grinding a lot. it has check engine on which he said he will fix.

i my self think 2.8 is the safe bet.
i just need pros to check in with their 2 cents.

Talibangunner925
10-05-2005, 08:01 PM
i would go with the 1.8t 10k is alot for the 2.8 i bought my 2.8 for 1997 for 5k and is selling it for 6k cause i put some work into it...at lest the 1.8 is newer as long as it wasnt beat on

Sx2
10-05-2005, 08:13 PM
i would go with the 1.8t 10k is alot for the 2.8 i bought my 2.8 for 1997 for 5k and is selling it for 6k cause i put some work into it...at lest the 1.8 is newer as long as it wasnt beat on

see as i said the driver got his money's worth out of it!

Talibangunner925
10-05-2005, 09:12 PM
well both are kind of a rip off fwd and cloth for 10 k.....look for a better deal

Sx2
10-06-2005, 12:03 PM
well both are kind of a rip off fwd and cloth for 10 k.....look for a better deal

my friend (he is part F1 motorsports here in LA, you might have seen him in conventions) said the 98 audi is good price. talking about better deal audi is are always above other sedan in market value you know.

TudorDrancea
11-24-2005, 02:49 AM
my personal opinion is get the 2.8, true the 1.8 has much more tuning potential but as i see it the way a car is tells you how its been driven,

a modded 1.8 probably has been driven hard, not to say that thats is universal truth, however the scratched rims give you some insight into the driver and

on the other hand the 2.8 beeing higway miles mostly and driven by a female teacher, a conservative driver most likely has sufferred less abuse and if you need to take comfor in something, the exhaust note on a 2.8 is.... beautiful as well as the turbo engine is more bound by its circumstances such as temperature, both of atmosphere and engine9het reduces performance of a turbo engine a v6 will be more constant)

Add your comment to this topic!