Video on TV/Navi system

Bengt
10-02-2005, 02:03 PM
Is it possible to use the tv/navigator system as a video? Since the navigator has a dvd player for the disc it should be possible to use this for movie dvd`s.

Has anybody ever come across a solution?

91HO305TPI
10-15-2005, 09:49 PM
it is not possable bmw is the use are not allowed to watch tv/movies while driving just because it says dvd on the nav computer it dosnt mean its like a real dvd player. you would have to swap out monitors for an aftermarket one.

Bengt
10-18-2005, 03:22 AM
Thanks! Is it possible to attacha a sep dvd player to the monitor och use the existing dvd player to a separate screen? I guess the last option is the best one.

it is not possable bmw is the use are not allowed to watch tv/movies while driving just because it says dvd on the nav computer it dosnt mean its like a real dvd player. you would have to swap out monitors for an aftermarket one.

kevinpevans
01-12-2006, 02:24 PM
Thanks! Is it possible to attacha a sep dvd player to the monitor och use the existing dvd player to a separate screen? I guess the last option is the best one.

There is a company called "periphial" that makes a chip that convert the screen into a tv\dvd style screen. Problem is that line that seperates the main screen from the split screen (where you can send data to whole screen or half) will always be there, and the chip is like 700 dollars.

Definately not worth it. The best way would be to put in a closed end system, not touching any of the cars stock components. Michael Vick brought his to DAS where I live (Newport News VA), and wanted a top of the line VIPER alarm with remote start and other features. DEI (parent company of viper) instructed DAS not to touch the 7 seris, and they would not warranty any equipment in the car as the car is all fiber optic versus traditional wiring. He took it to some ghetto shop downtown and they installed it, now every time the car is turned on, every light in the car stays lit. No repairing from that one, but he has enough money to buy a couple more 7 series anyways.

KevinandMissy@gmail.com

Bengt
01-13-2006, 03:26 AM
Thank you for valuable information! I will certainly look for other alternatives.

Bengt

There is a company called "periphial" that makes a chip that convert the screen into a tv\dvd style screen. Problem is that line that seperates the main screen from the split screen (where you can send data to whole screen or half) will always be there, and the chip is like 700 dollars.

Definately not worth it. The best way would be to put in a closed end system, not touching any of the cars stock components. Michael Vick brought his to DAS where I live (Newport News VA), and wanted a top of the line VIPER alarm with remote start and other features. DEI (parent company of viper) instructed DAS not to touch the 7 seris, and they would not warranty any equipment in the car as the car is all fiber optic versus traditional wiring. He took it to some ghetto shop downtown and they installed it, now every time the car is turned on, every light in the car stays lit. No repairing from that one, but he has enough money to buy a couple more 7 series anyways.

KevinandMissy@gmail.com

Add your comment to this topic!