Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Can't remember sh-t!

Tommygunlee
10-01-2005, 11:58 PM
I have a 84' f-150 302 2wd. 2 years ago I tore the motor apart and have slowly been rebuilding the motor. Now that I have the motor and tranny back in I can't remember how all the parts go back together, vaccume lines, sensors, and electrical. If anyone knows a web site or a manual that will tell me how to hook everything back up I would greatly appreciate the help. This is one screw-up I will never forget!

badboyz
10-02-2005, 12:08 AM
I have a 84' f-150 302 2wd. 2 years ago I tore the motor apart and have slowly been rebuilding the motor. Now that I have the motor and tranny back in I can't remember how all the parts go back together, vaccume lines, sensors, and electrical. If anyone knows a web site or a manual that will tell me how to hook everything back up I would greatly appreciate the help. This is one screw-up I will never forget!
hey there i was just given this web site check it out it seemed to have all kinds of free catalogs i dont know if it is the one that you will need or not but it couldnt hurt to look. www.lmctruck.com hopefully this will help you in your search. later, badboyz

Tommygunlee
10-02-2005, 12:32 AM
I'm familiar with the catalog I have one on every auto I own but I found their prices to be too high. Example: I bought a bigger cam for my truck and paid over $300 bucks for it after shipping and handling, found out its $150 bucks cheaper in Jegs racing catalog w/free shipping and handling, but I appreciate your help.

badboyz
10-02-2005, 01:06 AM
I'm familiar with the catalog I have one on every auto I own but I found their prices to be too high. Example: I bought a bigger cam for my truck and paid over $300 bucks for it after shipping and handling, found out its $150 bucks cheaper in Jegs racing catalog w/free shipping and handling, but I appreciate your help.
no problem i wasnt sure what all the catalogs had to offer but it was worth a try.later badboyz

blackdragon258
10-04-2005, 06:46 AM
They are more expensive, depending on what you buy, but they work great as parts breakdowns. Not so sure on engine/sensor parts, but if you want to know where or how something goes, the pictures in LMC are great.

peppermrj
10-04-2005, 12:49 PM

The autozone site has a decent online manual that includes vacuum diagrams. Ford Pick-Ups/Bronco 1976-1986 Repair Guide (http://www1.autozone.com/servlet/UiBroker?UseCase=RG001&UserAction=processModel&Parameters=012)
My son has an 85 conti with a 302. I'll check it for pointers if you need them. Good luck with your project. :)

Tommygunlee
10-05-2005, 07:15 PM
They are more expensive, depending on what you buy, but they work great as parts breakdowns. Not so sure on engine/sensor parts, but if you want to know where or how something goes, the pictures in LMC are great.

you were right about the breakdown. The name of the sensor helped me determine where the sensor went on the intake manifold. Didn't think to look in it, thanks for the advise.

Tommygunlee
10-05-2005, 07:21 PM
The autozone site has a decent online manual that includes vacuum diagrams. Ford Pick-Ups/Bronco 1976-1986 Repair Guide (http://www1.autozone.com/servlet/UiBroker?UseCase=RG001&UserAction=processModel&Parameters=012)
My son has an 85 conti with a 302. I'll check it for pointers if you need them. Good luck with your project. :)

Hey this is the best news i've heard all week. The main 2 things I have left on my rebuild is the vacuum on carb and hooking back up the electrical. I'll let you know how the site does, I really appreciate the help.

Add your comment to this topic!