Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Engine swap more complicated with diff motor?

Damious
10-01-2005, 06:02 PM
hey everyone, my uncle will be giving me his old 93 integra GS, now. he said he will be putting in a new engine and transmission for me because of its milage.

im just wondering, how much more complicated is it to put a GS-R motor (the 94 1, or would the 93 be easier?),

as well as its automatic, is it extremely complicated to put in a manual transmission??

he said he would do it but i wanna know if its worth asking for the other motor, cus im obviously willing to pitch some money for an extra 40 hp ;)

thanx for the help.

Damious

(also if u guys know engine codes of the motors i know the B18 part but not much more)

Damious
10-08-2005, 10:11 AM
Anyone???

:S

Insane1mports
10-10-2005, 05:38 PM
Well to change to Manual you would need....

5 Speed Transmission (Duh)
Flywheel
Shifter
Shift Boot
Flywheel Cover (manual one and automatic one is different…)
Manual Intermediate Shaft (they look pretty similar but nope, the auto is different)
Pedal Assembly [Clutch Pedal, Brake Pedal, (Gas pedal is the same)]
Rear Tranny Bracket??? (sorry for not knowing the exact name of this) Rear mount support (What I mean by this is NOT the U shaped rubber piece. It is metal, and has 2 bolts that should go thorough it. Socket size for these 2 bolts are 19)
Upper tranny mount (You’ll either have to custom fabricate this or buy that auto to manual mount for 160; I was told it reuses the holes from the auto mount)
Shift Linkage
Manual Starter (Automatic one will not fit in) Get the 2 starter bolts for the 5 speed, 1 is long 1 is short.
Clutch Master Cylinder
Slave Cylinder
Manual Center Console with shift boot
Guage Cluster
ECU (Get it for your OBD1 or OBD2)
Shift Knob
Clutch
Energy Suspension Shifter Bushings
New Grounding Wire
8 Flywheel Bolts

Alot of stuff. :banghead:

Add your comment to this topic!