Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2000 Buick Lesabre Custom NO Heat Heater Core fine

buickpoor
10-01-2005, 12:12 PM
I purchased this 2000 Lesabre this spring\summer and did not think to check the Heat as the A/C was working fine. as soon as the temp dropped this fall I noticed there was no heat at all coming from any vent, just cold air - not a/c cold but cold . Heater core hoses have hot going in and coming back out. Could it be the HVAC valve? and how do you get the dash off to check connections. (also the four buttons on right side of heater/ac controls do not light up when dash lights are on) any help is appreciated - wife does not like cold car.

I actually took the woodgrain trim off and removed the heater/ac control. It is an electronic device that plugs in like a computer card! the stupid thing only weighs a fraction of a pound. If 4 of the lights are out all in the same area could it be a circuit board failure? I don't think it is a dual climate control, it appears to be just a manual control. when I took out the glovebox and the passenger side hush panel I did not see any cables or vacuum lines. I did not see the actuator, where is it in relation to the glovebox and how would I recognize it?

polarzak
10-04-2005, 07:04 AM
I purchased this 2000 Lesabre this spring\summer and did not think to check the Heat as the A/C was working fine. as soon as the temp dropped this fall I noticed there was no heat at all coming from any vent, just cold air - not a/c cold but cold . Heater core hoses have hot going in and coming back out. Could it be the HVAC valve? and how do you get the dash off to check connections. (also the four buttons on right side of heater/ac controls do not light up when dash lights are on) any help is appreciated - wife does not like cold car.

I actually took the woodgrain trim off and removed the heater/ac control. It is an electronic device that plugs in like a computer card! the stupid thing only weighs a fraction of a pound. If 4 of the lights are out all in the same area could it be a circuit board failure? I don't think it is a dual climate control, it appears to be just a manual control. when I took out the glovebox and the passenger side hush panel I did not see any cables or vacuum lines. I did not see the actuator, where is it in relation to the glovebox and how would I recognize it?

Had a no heat problem. Turned out to be a fuse. Check your manual and check the fuses that control the HAVC. There are a couple of them.

buickpoor
10-08-2005, 03:31 PM
Had a no heat problem. Turned out to be a fuse. Check your manual and check the fuses that control the HAVC. There are a couple of them.

1st thing I checked was fuses and circuit breakers but will check again. this car acutally has one set under the hood an another under the passenger seat next to the battery. thanks for the suggestion though.

buickpoor
10-10-2005, 12:47 AM
1st thing I checked was fuses and circuit breakers but will check again. this car acutally has one set under the hood an another under the passenger seat next to the battery. thanks for the suggestion though.

I found that someone had removed the Micro Relay switch at position # 33 which controls the HVAC Soleniod. If i can figure out which one of the others is the same rating i could pull it and see if putting it in position #33 fixes the problem, can't seem to get one out though, is there a trick to it?

buickpoor
10-17-2005, 12:56 AM
I found that someone had removed the Micro Relay switch at position # 33 which controls the HVAC Soleniod. If i can figure out which one of the others is the same rating i could pull it and see if putting it in position #33 fixes the problem, can't seem to get one out though, is there a trick to it?

I Have Heat. Thanks to 1970RIV and his personal reply of a diagram of the acutator. I located, removed and opened it up. It had a fried circuit board. I then went to the local wrecking yard and purchased one for next to nothing.
Dealer wanted $60.00, Autoparts house $55.00, Internet $45.00 + $9.00 S&H
Paid $6.00 at wrecking yard. Wife is happy - Happy wife, Happy life.

Thanks for all suggestions
Buickpoor

Add your comment to this topic!