Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

head swaping

killerpin
10-01-2005, 11:26 AM
ok my pops gave me the shitty est integra but i jus love this car..... now my problem is rite, it is a DC1 integra with the zc engine.. now i'm supposed to be gettin a b16 head from a friend and i was wondering if puttin the b16 head on the zc would increase overall power(hp/torque)
if this would help, any body have any information on how well it would work, if it would work at all. and wat i would need to complete it

NY91TegOwner
10-01-2005, 11:37 AM
yea i have the same question don't mean to steal the thread or anything but i have a 91 integra and i was wondering if i swapped the head out for a vtec head would i have to adjust my timing or my computer or anything like that

CivicSpoon
10-01-2005, 11:47 AM
B-series heads will not swap onto it.

killerpin
10-01-2005, 01:30 PM
yea i have the same question don't mean to steal the thread or anything but i have a 91 integra and i was wondering if i swapped the head out for a vtec head would i have to adjust my timing or my computer or anything like that

i know that u would deffinitley have to change yur computer to the computer for the head aka b16 head computer. timing ...well i'm geussin yes because yur movin to dohc rather than sohc my problem is if the head can be bolted to the sohc block n how much modification would be needed to do it....i know it can be dun

~ls/vtec~
10-01-2005, 02:43 PM
you cant bolt a b series head onto a d series block....

killerpin
10-01-2005, 02:47 PM
you cant bolt a b series head onto a d series block....

explain to me y ? is the head bolt pattern different or sumthing?

CivicSpoon
10-01-2005, 05:45 PM
yes the bolt pattern is different, as well as size.

93dxls
10-01-2005, 07:45 PM
look at the size of the motor totally different your best bet would be to ditch the zc and go for an ls which is dual cam then you can do the ls/vtec mainly the wiring is the biggest thing

killerpin
10-02-2005, 10:51 AM
look at the size of the motor totally different your best bet would be to ditch the zc and go for an ls which is dual cam then you can do the ls/vtec mainly the wiring is the biggest thing

yeah thanks people i know it can be dun but i found out that the power increase is not worth the trouble, time and money to get it dun soo i'll source a b20 block n move from there. any ideas as to where i can get a b20 block with pistons and crank shaft for reall cheap? take into consideration that i'm from the caribbean and i'll have to deal with shippin too. thankxx...oh and both the zc and the b16 are 1.6liter motors.... y the question about size?

~ls/vtec~
10-11-2005, 01:39 AM
the bore on the b series blocks is 82mm (i think, it has been a few months since i dealth with little details like this) and the one on the d series is somewhere around 76mm... i might be wrong on the exact sizes but you get the point..i hope.. now think of the difference in stroke. and how are your cams going to work with the really different stroke of the pistons.
swapping heads is an interesting thing to do..but on the same series of motors. what you are asking is bassicaly - how can i bolt up an accord transmission to a s2000 motor. just cant be done...youre saying the motors are both 1.6 so there should be a difference....the s2k motor is a f20c. the accord is a f22.

killerpin
05-06-2006, 07:33 AM
the bore on the b series blocks is 82mm (i think, it has been a few months since i dealth with little details like this) and the one on the d series is somewhere around 76mm... i might be wrong on the exact sizes but you get the point..i hope.. now think of the difference in stroke. and how are your cams going to work with the really different stroke of the pistons.
swapping heads is an interesting thing to do..but on the same series of motors. what you are asking is bassicaly - how can i bolt up an accord transmission to a s2000 motor. just cant be done...youre saying the motors are both 1.6 so there should be a difference....the s2k motor is a f20c. the accord is a f22.

yeah thanks for the info.......
trying to find sum info on the b20 vtec....how it is dun step by step instruction....and what harness and what needs to be dun to it to make it work.

Add your comment to this topic!