1995 Tahoe will not turn over

dickie-t
09-30-2005, 04:37 PM
My 1995 Tahoe will not turn over. Last month I went to start the truck and nothing happened. It didn't even turn over. It seemed like a complete electrical disconnect. I thought maybe it was the neutral safety switch so I made sure it was in park, turned the key again and it started. I didn't think much about it until it happened again a couple of weeks later. This time I had to turn the key several times waited a few minutes nothing seemed to work. Went out later to try and figure it out and it started right up. Thinking it is really hard to diagnose a problem when itís not a problem I waited until it happened again. Until today it has work perfectly, now it won't start. Completely dead. Battery cables are tight. No fuses blown. All lights and accessories work. Any ideas? :banghead:

chevydog001
10-13-2005, 09:45 PM
you have a bad connection to your knock sensor. it is right above the starter on the engine block. tap or wiggle the wire and it should start. if you want to replace the pigtail, it will go out completely, go to the junk yard for one or your gm dealer. pn 12102621 it is $16.76 well worth not having to lay in the snow or rain to wiggle the wire. hope this helps.

debrey
11-23-2005, 01:31 AM
My 1995 Tahoe will not turn over. Last month I went to start the truck and nothing happened. It didn't even turn over. It seemed like a complete electrical disconnect. I thought maybe it was the neutral safety switch so I made sure it was in park, turned the key again and it started. I didn't think much about it until it happened again a couple of weeks later. This time I had to turn the key several times waited a few minutes nothing seemed to work. Went out later to try and figure it out and it started right up. Thinking it is really hard to diagnose a problem when itís not a problem I waited until it happened again. Until today it has work perfectly, now it won't start. Completely dead. Battery cables are tight. No fuses blown. All lights and accessories work. Any ideas? :banghead:

I would vote for the starter motor. Mine finally went out at 130 K. They can work intermitently and don' alwayls make a sound when they don't work. It's a relatively simple job.

Add your comment to this topic!