Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Air Conditioning/Power Steering?

Sadowski
09-29-2005, 02:50 AM
When installing a turbo into my 99 LS is it absolutely manditory to have a turbo with the compressor on the passenger side if I want to keep air conditioning? Nearly all turbos I've seen available have the compressor on the driver's side. If the downpipe comes off the turbine on the passenger side and the compressor is on the driver's side do I have any problems with the A/C compressor hitting the turbo or do I just run into tight plumbing problems? Please help, I have only been able to find turbos with this configuration. Maybe some direction to other sights to look would help. I also plan to use a tubular manifold with external wastegate if that plays into the equation. Thanks.

QUICK_EG_B16A
09-29-2005, 03:05 AM
just get rid of both of them and pick up an U.R. Ultra R crank pulley or a genuine Honda CTR N1 pulley like I got. nice noticeable gains. both P/S and A/C are overrated anyways.

Sadowski
09-29-2005, 09:14 AM
Thanks. But I really wasn't interested in what you have in your car. This is my car that I'm talking about. When I am stuck in New York City/Long Island traffic in the summer while it's raining, with my windows up, I need the A/C. Thanks again for the idea. Anyone else.

superbluecivicsi
09-29-2005, 01:17 PM
you can position the turbo anyway you want and it will still have ac.

factors are turbo, mani and dp. really just depends what you get.

97integrals
09-29-2005, 01:20 PM
just get rid of both of them and pick up an U.R. Ultra R crank pulley or a genuine Honda CTR N1 pulley like I got. nice noticeable gains. both P/S and A/C are overrated anyways.
Good recipe if you want to ruin your motor. You need a crank pulley that absorbs harmonics.

Add your comment to this topic!