Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Is it worth it?

getfreshco
09-28-2005, 08:39 PM
are flowmasters better than magna flow ......and i gotta a quote from this shop that said they could put duals on my car (1991 caprice classic 305 5.0L) for approx. $650 is it worth it and is this a good price?

CAPRICE LIFE
09-29-2005, 08:20 AM
Hell No Thats Not A Good Price.here N Memphis Flowmasters Only Cost 300 To 350.and Thats For The Mufflers And The Tubes From Front To Back

getfreshco
09-29-2005, 01:39 PM
well they said they have to custom make the pipes because i only have one pimp coming out the back ......... and thats including installation......i guess i'll search around for a better price thanx

CAPRICE LIFE
09-29-2005, 05:20 PM
yeah keep searchin cuz they r full of shit.anytime u have one pipe out tha back its gonna get cut all the way from the manifold back.then they will run one pipe with muffler on each side to the back.what state r you in so i wont move there(lol)

getfreshco
09-29-2005, 11:17 PM
maryland,Washington dc , Virgina ........and the cops absolutly love to stop anybody and everybody in a caprice!!!!!

bob 000 marley
09-30-2005, 10:11 PM
you all are paying to much i paid 75 a pice for my flowmasters

HLandin
10-01-2005, 10:05 AM
maryland,Washington dc , Virgina ........and the cops absolutly love to stop anybody and everybody in a caprice!!!!!
Now that's odd. I was never stopped in my Caprice and when my dad had it, it worked as a plus. One day he was on the HOV (only him in the car). He saw a cop on the sholder and the cop saw him. Suprisingly, the cop just waved at him as he passed by (probably thought it was an unmarked police car because he still had the antennas on the trunk).

If you leaving looking pretty much the way it was in service (keep antennas and tinted windows if you got them) and don't do anything to make it look odd (like adding custom all chrome wheels or 20 inch rims), they probably might confuse it with an undercover cop car.

Heck, some of the old boxies are still in service. My dad was passed by one in Tenessee just a few weeks ago. It was driving down the road, sirens blaring at about 100mph.

silicon212
10-08-2005, 02:26 AM
Heck, Phoenix Police still maintain a fleet of 1988-90 Caprices. They're in excellent shape and the ones that drive them do so because they don't want to be caught dead in a CVPI.

Oddly, they have more of those in service than they do the '94-96s.

As for the exhaust - check with local, state and federal ordinances/laws as it is a federal offense in most cases to modify a single cat into a dual cat. Which might be okay in this case as the later models came factory with dual cat systems.

Loper's out here sells Flowmasters in the ~$50 range.

soapsuds22
10-10-2005, 12:38 PM
I guess it depends on the area. When I was living in Broward county FL in not so nice of a neighborhood I was pulled over almost every day on my way home from work in my caprice. I pretty much stopped driving it because of that reason. Now that I live in Boca raton FL the police don't hassle me at all. I havent been pulled over once here yet. Thats a big change from getting pulled over daily.

getfreshco
10-11-2005, 07:48 PM
yeah i practically live in Washington Dc .and im black .i get pulled over constantly ........drug dealers and no gooders drive caprices, crown vics. and grand marquis.....just about everyone has one around here!

Add your comment to this topic!