Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

brake lines

Sandi1
09-28-2005, 02:27 PM
Hi, new to this site, I am a female so bare with me, Today I lost my brakes,thankful that it happened when I was driving through my back lane way. 1992 Jimmy 4x4. I did get underneith it and on the drivers side there is lots of brake fluid on the ground, so thinking it must be a brake line, any sugestions, and what kind of money am I looking at?
Thank's Sandi

ChrisGood
09-28-2005, 02:43 PM
if you can do the work yourself, 12.00 for a brake line at auto zone.

This of course is assuming that it is just the line from the brake to the caliper, so 12.00 + fluid and maybe a line wrench (these are best for brake lines as they are partially boxed so they grip more area of the line)

Sandi1
09-28-2005, 02:56 PM
if you can do the work yourself, 12.00 for a brake line at auto zone.

This of course is assuming that it is just the line from the brake to the caliper, so 12.00 + fluid and maybe a line wrench (these are best for brake lines as they are partially boxed so they grip more area of the line)

Thank's Chris I hope that is all it is, because I also have a 1995 CaddySedan DeVille, and the winshield wipers stop working in it two day's ago.

ChrisGood
09-28-2005, 03:12 PM
that is more than likely the motor itself, those can be a pain to replace, most of the time it is in under the front cowl by the windshield but they have bolts inside the dash. not fun

Is is just the lines from the metal lines to caliper? if so you might even replace them with braided steel lines for a lot more responsive braking feel

Add your comment to this topic!