Lights burning out

KRH
09-28-2005, 10:45 AM
Hi all,
I'm starting to think my Sorento is possessed. It will be 2 years old this month, and in the last 6 months, my tail end passenger and driver side break lights have burned out several times and my one of my headlights burned out. I had it to the dealership and they could not find an electrical problem. They did say that I shouldn't use 'American' standard bulbs to replace them. I just don't think the bulbs should be going out this frequently. No signs of water damage or anything...and of course light bulbs are only covered for 12 months - nice.

claw1234
10-04-2005, 10:28 PM
Hi all,
I'm starting to think my Sorento is possessed. It will be 2 years old this month, and in the last 6 months, my tail end passenger and driver side break lights have burned out several times and my one of my headlights burned out. I had it to the dealership and they could not find an electrical problem. They did say that I shouldn't use 'American' standard bulbs to replace them. I just don't think the bulbs should be going out this frequently. No signs of water damage or anything...and of course light bulbs are only covered for 12 months - nice.

Same problem here ,I have had 8 in total burn out...was told by dealer they have a problem with the manufacter and have extended the warranty on bulbs to three years, till they weed them out.
?

countylinesales
11-07-2005, 09:21 AM
I am having the same problem with my sorento with the brake lights burning out, the tail lights still work just the brake light part of the bulb. The right side works on and off, if you apply the brakes it might work or it might not. Most of the time if it does not come on you just lift the hatch and give the lamp a little hit and it comes back on, but not for long. The dealer told me it was a ground wire behind the panels in the cargo area near the jack. If anyone has found the cure or soluttion please post it.

FamilyManOfFive
11-11-2005, 10:39 PM
Have a Kia technician monitor the voltage output of the alternator. Sounds like the voltage regulator is spiking. The weakest link is the filiment in the light bulbs. A poor ground won't do this.

JP

DarrenBaker
12-14-2005, 09:07 AM
Hi guys,

Is this 3 yr warranty a fact? My Kia dealer has been charging me for the replacement of the lightbulbs (there have been more than a few) for the last year. He gave me the same story about weeding out the bad stock, but that's where it ended. Should I be looking to be recouped for this?

Thanks!

MeettheCreeper
12-14-2005, 11:03 AM
Hi guys,

Is this 3 yr warranty a fact? My Kia dealer has been charging me for the replacement of the lightbulbs (there have been more than a few) for the last year. He gave me the same story about weeding out the bad stock, but that's where it ended. Should I be looking to be recouped for this?

Thanks!

As far as I know its 12/12 on bulbs. I havent seen anything from Kia updating the bulbs to 3 years. If I find out differently I will let you know.

schultp
12-17-2005, 04:20 PM
We've had our 2004 Sorento for 2 years. A couple months ago our rear brake lights went out. At first they acted flakey. Then completely out. This was followed by our right front head lamp (low beam). Our tail lights continued to operate (as described in a previous post).

I find it odd that we all are having the same symptoms with our Sorentos! I hope it isn't a wiring issue!

We also lost our clock at the same time. It keeps re-setting to 1:00 whenever we hit the most miniscule road bump. Sometimes it briefly goes black. The dealer replaced it a couple days ago.

We also have intermittent Washer function. It isn't that the lines freeze. They won't work (front or rear) then will operate for a time or two only to stop working a minute later. Washer fluid tank is full. It happens with both the front and back which makes me think it is the pump. This is on order at the dealer.

Any other electrical issues out there? Keep your receipts in case there is a recall in our future!

Paul

BortzKiawv
02-03-2006, 01:24 PM
What we found is sometimes brand or install may cause premature burn out in headlights. Rear needs to be 2357 bulbs if sides don't match or incorrect bulbs(1157,2057) used will cause outage.:nono: :banghead:

suyt
05-17-2007, 05:41 AM
also try to be sure the BASE of whatever bulbs are silver NOT brass/copper colored. silver base on headlights and tailights try that.

Add your comment to this topic!