Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

hood scoop on geo storm gsi?

josh2006
09-27-2005, 11:18 PM
I was wanting an idea of how i would go about putting a hood scoop on my geo storm myself any ideas please let me know

ChuckH
10-02-2005, 07:16 AM
What's the purpose? Just trying to get a dorky lump on the hood or are you doing something that's actually functional?

josh2006
10-03-2005, 05:11 PM
i wouldnt say its just for lump on the hood, geo engine compartments run really hot u can park ur car come back a few hours later and the compartment will still be burning up and with my car a have a ram air filter on it so i was wanting cooler air to come through the hood scoop so i wouldnt be sucking hot air into my intake therefore my car would run better i just need some advice on how?

ChuckH
10-04-2005, 05:54 AM
OK, so you need to cut a hole and you probably want to put it toward the front on the driver's side then, right? That's what I was wondering. A lot of people just put fake scoops on. I'll have to look at the hood when I have a chance, but it seems like it would be fairly simple to cut the hood. The hard part is making it look decent and then getting everything all painted up nice. Were you planning on buying the scoop already made or making one yourself? Might be hard to find one that would look OK on the Storm, but I haven't looked either.

Personally, I would look into using some ducts from the fog light openings or something instead. Have you considered that? Then use some smaller foglights; possibly even in the same spot if they leave enough room for air to get around.

mishuleo
01-18-2006, 05:02 PM
not an good ideea

Add your comment to this topic!