Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

My 1992 s-10 blazer keeps blowing fuses after a new fuel pump

Blazercrazy92
09-27-2005, 05:34 PM
Heres the thing. I have 1992 4.3 CPI blazer w/ tahoe trim. the only thing is,is that i have put 2 fuel pumps in it and i still have the same problem. I turn the key on and the ECMB 15amp fuse blows. I had a mechcanic tell me i had a ground problem or a fuel pump relay problem. i bought a new fuel pump relay and put that in and then checked for the ground problem where he said it was, which was under the battery on the frame rail but the only thing is is that its a boxed in frame rail and there is no ground there. Other people tell me that i have wires crimped and the pump is grounding out and blowing the fuse, but i have been under that car so many times that i now i haven't crimped the wires. one pump i bought from carquest and then the other from perfromance chevy. i really need some help with this one being as i cant seem to figure it out.

OverBoardProject
09-27-2005, 08:23 PM
It's gotta be a bare wire somewhere.

And it's probably under a tab or something making the job even worst.

I wish that I could help you more, but that's about the only thing that would cause that problem

If there's a plug along the wire somewhere unplug it and replace the fuse. If it still blows it's before that point. If it doesn't it's aftet that point

Good Luck, you'll need it.

jackass#1
09-29-2005, 11:05 PM
the ground on my 91 blazer is in the rear just behind the rear bumper. my tank is in the rear. is yours in rear or on side? overboard is right , bare wire or loose ground.
just have to trace each wire from pump and check them over good. you might even have to drop tank or raise the bed to get a real good look.

Add your comment to this topic!