Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

3000gt engine in mirage?

nytlife666
09-27-2005, 11:46 AM
Would the 3000gt SL engine fit and run properly in a 97 mirage de?

evoryda
09-27-2005, 11:26 PM
if you have the money anything will fit... but right into the engine bay no. lots of mods will need to be done to make it fit.

martinez205
10-02-2005, 11:46 PM
grant it with enough money or skill or both anything can be done, but why would you want to put a six cylinder in a small car like that. there are four cylinder options that are just as good if not better. like the 4g63 turbo (goes without saying)

evoryda
10-04-2005, 09:25 PM
now now, not all six cylinders are BIG, like the 2 litre mivec v6 in the FTO. ive seen those swapped in the rage but i dont recall seein anybody complete a GTO swap, seems to be to big of a job, BUT theres not that many 800 hp g63s out there, with a 3L twin turbo, it very easily possible. theres a problem though, the rage is too light for that unless your plannin to build it for pure race with slicks and wheelie bars so it would be useless on the street until 130 or so when i starts stickin. its up to you whether you want an all drag car or a street assassin :sunglasse . do the gto swap if you have time and money, i would love to see it :iceslolan , but hes right you would be better off doin the g63t swap, its a lot less of a challenge and the best swap for the rage

martinez205
10-05-2005, 07:53 PM
a six cylinder 2 liter huh? i havent really looked into that. i wonder what the spec are for that engine. cylinders must be pretty small to to fit six in and make it a 2 liter. The thing is that i'm under the belief that the more parts you make something the less time it will last. case in point.... these import six cylinders. Now i'm not saying that all six cylinders are a piece of junk and not worth the time. but you don't hear the mitsu gt having quite the popularity or the longevity of the 4 cylinder 4g63. Also the 4g63 is very well known for the abuse it is able to take like boosting to levels of 25psi. Yes you do have a point that you won't reach 800 horsepower with a 4 cylinder but come on, everybody in this forum is mostly street drivers not drag racers. like you said, that much horsepower in a lil bitty car just doesnt compute. let me know what you think evoryda

Add your comment to this topic!