Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Fwd or 4Wd for Vue v6??

jyguy915
09-27-2005, 02:29 AM
Hi, i am in the market for a 2006 Auto, V6 Vue which looks pretty good and its great to know that it has a honda engine and tranny in it. I am not sure if i should get the 4wd model or jsut the Fwd? I will be driving mostly on the road, little to no off roading at all, and taking some snowboarding trip during the winter time. Will it be worth it to pay more for the 4wd, or i can jsut stick with the Fwd? What kinda of advantage will i have with the 4WD over the fwd other than better traction?
Thank you all .

teemsta
09-29-2005, 05:20 PM
hi, It depends where you live. do you get alot of snow in the winter? I live in New England and the snow is plenty. As for my 2003 4cyl front wheel drive vue it sux in the snow. there is no weight to these trucks so traction is not there. thinking about getting rid of it fast before winter gets here. I know the 4wd goes good in the snow. Go with that

drew300
11-07-2005, 04:10 PM
Last I read, the 4wd only puts a maximum of 15% to the rear wheels. Doesn't sound too helpful to me. As for weight, a Vue should be plenty heavy. I owned a car that weighed about 2400 lbs, and with good snow tyres, it was incredible in the snow. Maybe the tyres are too wide, or the tread designed for clean roads?

2002 Vue Redline
05-14-2007, 12:48 AM
Hey, about the awd or fwd. I live in kansas city MO and i have a 2002 AWD V6 and it does wonderful in the snow. I would definetly recommend the awd model. Heres how the system works. When the front wheels slip, it kicks 50% of the power to the rear wheels while 50% stays on the front wheels. It only kicks in when you need it, so it saves on mpg. It is a plus. Never been stuck and have gone through some serious weather. I work construction and see plenty of mud and snow in the winter. I have a friend who drives a fwd and it doesnt go anywhere when there is snow. Good if there is no snow!

Add your comment to this topic!