Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

fixed speedometer now gas gauge aint working

bones91
09-26-2005, 11:58 PM
ok i posted earlier that my speedometer wasent working so i took my whole dash off and check out the speedometer and after that nothing looked wrong so i put it back together so after doing that i took it for a test drive and my speedometer worked fine but now my damn gas gauge aint working any onr know what the problem is??? and do u think the yellow light will still turn on (when im low on gas) even thow my gas gauge aint working?? plz help thanks

powerplating
09-27-2005, 08:10 AM
ok i posted earlier that my speedometer wasent working so i took my whole dash off and check out the speedometer and after that nothing looked wrong so i put it back together so after doing that i took it for a test drive and my speedometer worked fine but now my damn gas gauge aint working any onr know what the problem is??? and do u think the yellow light will still turn on (when im low on gas) even thow my gas gauge aint working?? plz help thanks
Im thinking you need to go back in and check all the connection
Good luck

mpumas
09-27-2005, 12:45 PM
Sounds like a connector problem in both cases. The gas gage signal and the yellow light signal come in on different wires. So you won't know unless you short the light wire to ground at the tank. It is the green/red wire. By shorting the yel/wht wire to ground, the gas gage should go to full. The black wire is ground.

Add your comment to this topic!