Subs hit when pressing brake or gas pedal and while driving when radio is off!!

[RIT]IVIr_Evil
09-26-2005, 07:01 PM
Would anyone know why my subs will hit when I press the gas or brake pedal and when the radio is turned off and I drive down the road they hit as if they were playing along with the road noise or something.. very confused
thanks
-tom

Sen Sen
09-26-2005, 08:28 PM
check this!

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-12057.html

"The amp turn on is wired to ignition or swithched power for the amp turn on so when the car is on the amp is on even with the radio off. When the radio is off the rear speakers act like michrophones for the high lever to RCA converter, they pick up a vibration that plays through the sub then the sound from the sub causes the speaker to vibrate more making the sub play the sound louder in an endless loop. The best solution would be to get rid of that factory radio and run RCA's straight to a new radio."

JA no Y
09-27-2005, 12:53 AM
My subs use to thump whenever I turned off my factory radio. If I hit a bump in the road they'd just seem to vibrate so loud and hard it felt like I was loosing my fillings. Problem went away as soon as I got an aftermarket deck and ran RCA cable back to the amp.

[RIT]IVIr_Evil
09-27-2005, 06:04 AM
awesome thanks for the help.. guess I'll be getting that aftermarket deck sooner then I thought..

Do you think that my amp and subs would be drawing power from my ABS system causing it to mess up? Cause after a couple weeks of install I noticed my ABS activator was messing up? (but think its due to bad caliper)..

Cailen
09-27-2005, 01:30 PM
Do you think that my amp and subs would be drawing power from my ABS system causing it to mess up?

No, I don't think so. If you're experiencing problems have them checked out though.

As Sen was saying it's likely because your factory deck likely does not have a "remote" connection as they are called on many amps. Generally amps are hot wired directly to your battery with a fuse installed mid connection. The amp's "remote" connection is then fed to the aftermarket head unit's remote connection. This connection is basically an on/off switch. When you turn your deck on, the deck tells the amplifier to turn on.

Add your comment to this topic!